Author Topic: The EU Can’t Afford A ‘Green Transition’ As Real Costs Come To Light  (Read 169 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The EU Can’t Afford A ‘Green Transition’ As Real Costs Come To Light
by Irina Slav  18 hours ago 

When the European Union approved its Green Deal, it was done to much fanfare and sparkles. Now, the fanfare and the sparkles are a distant memory as the EU grapples with the actual “how” of the transition equation it wrote for itself. [emphasis, links added]

Being quiet on the real costs of the transition push has not helped it, either.

It’s not that the EU is not admitting the transition would be costly. The European Council calls the necessary investment “enormous”.

It also says that the EU had set aside some 580 billion euros, or almost $630 billion for its net-zero plan over the period 2021 to 2027.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/the-eu-cant-afford-a-green-transition-as-real-costs-come-to-light/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What will Europeans have to give up to meet government requirements on "climate change?"  I need to know because the same problem will soon be knocking at all our doors.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson