Author Topic: What the Hell Is Wrong With Tucker Carlson?  (Read 1206 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What the Hell Is Wrong With Tucker Carlson?
« on: April 10, 2024, 05:37:36 pm »
Stephen Green

I used to enjoy the occasional Tucker Carlson monologue on Fox News. His content was usually pointed and amusing and delivered with a breezy charm. But I rarely bothered with a Tucker Carlson interview. As an interviewer, too often, I found him strangely incurious and glib instead of breezy.

But his interview on Tuesday with Reverend Munther Isaac was so much worse than merely glib or incurious.

Carlson chose to interview Isaac to find out how the Jewish State of Israel treats Christians. Isaac is a priest who neither lives nor works in Israel and who uses the loaded phrase "Occupied Palestine" as his location on his Twitter/X profile. He is a Palestinian Christian from Palestinian-controlled Bethlehem, where Christian ministers serve at the mercy of the Palestinian Authority.

These things would have been nice to know before, during, or after the interview. Barring providing context, Carlson could have conducted a second interview with a Christian priest who actually does live and work in Israel. Or he could have spoken to them both at the same time in a discussion/debate format. Or maybe Carlson could have at least asked Isaac more pointed and revealing questions.

But he did none of these things. Why not?

more
https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2024/04/10/what-the-hell-is-wrong-with-tucker-carlson-n4928037
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: What the Hell Is Wrong With Tucker Carlson?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2024, 07:04:32 pm »
Dumisani Washington
@DumisaniTemsgen
Now, all of a sudden, Tucker I-care-about-America Carlson is concerned about Israel. So, he decides to platform a Palestinian Christian from Bethlehem who is hostile to Israel. Fine. Will Tucker also explain to his millions of viewers that:

1. Since the early 1990s, Bethlehem has been ruled by the Palestinian Authority (PLO) which has driven most of the Christians out? 

2. There are Christians in Bethlehem who will tell a very different story than the man Tucker chose? I know some myself. (Of crouse, he may to have blur their faces and disguise their voices).

3. The Arab Christian population of Israel is not only free of persecution but is among the most successful and accomplished in all of society?

4. Israel is the one place in the entire Middle East region where Christians are safe, free, and growing in number?

5. Christians in Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Gaza, and everywhere else in Israel's neighborhood are living as less than second-class citizens under Islamist rule - some even having to pay the jizya established by Mohammed in the Quran? That #ISIS in Iraq nails Christians to crosses?

I doubt it.
6:39 PM · Apr 9, 2024
Here's the interview so many people are discussing:

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/status/1777800149818822809
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2024, 07:05:59 pm »
Dr. Eli David
@DrEliDavid
TuckerCarlson Shame on you for interviewing the pastor who celebrated the October 7 massacre, saying: "the strength of the Palestinian man defied his siege", as 1,200 Israeli civilians were massacred and hundreds kidnapped.
Will you interview Yahya Sinwar next?
3:45 AM · Apr 10, 2024

Leslie Kajomovitz
@lkajomovitz
Tucker Carlson's Misleading Narrative: Unraveling Bethlehem's Christian Demographic Shift - The recent interview on Tucker Carlson's show has sparked controversy, particularly in its portrayal of Israel and the population dynamics of Bethlehem. The narrative presented in the interview, suggesting that Israel is driving out Christians from Bethlehem, is not only irresponsible but also misrepresents historical facts.

It's crucial to understand the historical context of Bethlehem's demographics to grasp the reality accurately. Before Jordan took control of Bethlehem, the population was overwhelmingly Christian, with estimates indicating around 85% being Christian. However, during Jordanian rule, this percentage significantly declined to around 40%. This decline occurred due to various factors, including economic challenges, persecution and restrictions on religious freedom.

Contrary to the narrative presented, the years under Israeli control before the Oslo Accords saw a growth in Bethlehem's Christian population. Estimates show that during this period, the Christian population increased to around 65%. This growth can be attributed to the freedom of religion and improved economic opportunities provided during Israeli administration.

However, in recent years, Bethlehem's Christian population has faced challenges, and the percentage has decreased to a mere 12%. This decline is not due to Israeli actions but is a result of discrimination and persecution from the Palestinian Authority and the Muslim population in the region.

It's essential to separate fact from fiction and not vilify Israel based on misleading narratives. The reality is that the Christian population in Israel has grown over the years, and Bethlehem saw growth during the time it was under Israeli control due to the freedom of religion and opportunities provided to all communities.

Tucker interview was not just irresponsible, fueling more hate during this times of heightened antisemitism but also manipulative towards the Christian communities to give them a false narrative against the Jewish State.

10:27 PM · Apr 9, 2024

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2024, 07:11:24 pm »
.hmmm.... interesting.   :bkmk:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2024, 08:13:21 pm »
Joel Pollak
@joelpollak
Allow me to respond to @TuckerCarlson's interview here with @MuntherIsaac by talking about the facts, rather than speculating about whether Tucker hates Israel, or is an antisemite. He says he is concerned about Christians; I'll accept that. But there's no excuse for this.

First, a fact about Bethlehem. Christians used to be a majority there; they are now a minority. The Palestinian Authority has been Islamizing the city since taking control of Bethlehem 30 years ago. Israeli "occupation" is hardly the primary issue. https://jcpa.org/jl/vp490.htm

Another fact: Bethlehem has become an antisemitic city under Palestinian control, far worse to Jews than even to Christians. In 2007, I was told not to speak Hebrew there; in 2023, I was told to remove my yarmulke, or cover it with a hat. In the birthplace of Jesus, a Jew.

Rev. Isaac does not believe Israel should exist, a fact  Tucker does not discuss. He also repeats many false claims about Israel's war against Hamas in Gaza, like the claim Israeli snipers killed 2 civilians in a church, which the IDF (which admits other mistakes) refuted.

Remarkably, Rev. Isaac criticizes the Abraham Accords, a peace agreement between Israel and several Arab states. One who is truly interested in peace should welcome that development. For Rev. Isaac, that peace deal is bad because it distracts from the Palestinian struggle.

Rev. Isaac is an activist who campaigns worldwide against evangelical Christian support for Israel. He tells Carlson evangelicals should not use the Bible as a basis for supporting Israel. He is entitled to these beliefs but they are not authoritative in any broader sense.

Rev. Isaac says Israel is "not as free as people say" for Christians, claiming it is tough to register conversions. (Bureaucracy is tough for everyone in Israel, due to laws dating to the Ottoman era.) Tucker extrapolates, falsely, Christians have "fewer rights" in Israel. Carlson adds some of the interview's most incendiary comments, suggesting that the U.S. should not give Israel aid if one Christian is killed and should not support a foreign government that he says is guilty of "blowing up churches and killing Christians," which is false.

One suspects Carlson's real target is Republican foreign policy. He mocks "self-professed Christians" in the U.S. whom he says are "sending money to oppress Christians," another false and inflammatory statement. He attacks evangelical @SpeakerJohnson for supporting Israel. There are many pro-Israel Christian Arabs (talk to @YosephHaddad). Concern about Christians would suggest backing Israel against Islamist Hamas and opposing Palestinian Authority policies.

Tucker has taken his opposition to a U.S. role in foreign wars to an absurd extreme.

9:43 PM · Apr 9, 2024

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2024, 09:04:46 pm »

Tucker never lets facts get in the way of his preferred narrative.  And for whatever reason, his preferred narrative is that the Israelis are no better than the Palestinians, and perhaps worse.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 09:05:53 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2024, 09:53:11 pm »
And for whatever reason, his preferred narrative is that the Israelis are no better than the Palestinians, and perhaps worse.
Seems that way. Very strange.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2024, 11:36:29 pm »
Stephen Green

I used to enjoy the occasional Tucker Carlson monologue on Fox News. His content was usually pointed and amusing and delivered with a breezy charm. But I rarely bothered with a Tucker Carlson interview. As an interviewer, too often, I found him strangely incurious and glib instead of breezy.

But his interview on Tuesday with Reverend Munther Isaac was so much worse than merely glib or incurious.

Carlson chose to interview Isaac to find out how the Jewish State of Israel treats Christians. Isaac is a priest who neither lives nor works in Israel and who uses the loaded phrase "Occupied Palestine" as his location on his Twitter/X profile. He is a Palestinian Christian from Palestinian-controlled Bethlehem, where Christian ministers serve at the mercy of the Palestinian Authority.

These things would have been nice to know before, during, or after the interview. Barring providing context, Carlson could have conducted a second interview with a Christian priest who actually does live and work in Israel. Or he could have spoken to them both at the same time in a discussion/debate format. Or maybe Carlson could have at least asked Isaac more pointed and revealing questions.

But he did none of these things. Why not?

more
https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2024/04/10/what-the-hell-is-wrong-with-tucker-carlson-n4928037
"But he did none of these things. Why not?"

Occam's Razor: because he's a horse's hindquarters. A spoiled rich kid who thinks he's far smarter and important than he actually is.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2024, 12:00:49 am »
 :bkmk:

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online DB

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2024, 12:05:31 am »
:bkmk:

Tucker was entirely wrong on Ukraine too.

Had expert after expert on his show saying that Putin was going to win and Ukraine was going to collapse in weeks - a long time ago now.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2024, 12:16:24 am »
"But he did none of these things. Why not?"

Occam's Razor: because he's a horse's hindquarters. A spoiled rich kid who thinks he's far smarter and important than he actually is.

***agree
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2024, 03:53:25 am »
Tucker was entirely wrong on Ukraine too.

Had expert after expert on his show saying that Putin was going to win and Ukraine was going to collapse in weeks - a long time ago now.
Does that reflect so much on Tucker as the 'experts' who predicted the collapse? He got them on record predicting doom, and it did not happen.

Are you looking for him to push a viewpoint or claiming he does, when he is interviewing people who go on record in interviews he conducts, exposing the quality of the opinions of those he interviews?

The media are saturated with people who tell us what to think, often wrong. Watch, and make up your own mind, do your due diligence as people here do, and the person colored by this is the interviewee, not so much the interviewer.

just my $0.02
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2024, 03:59:05 am »
Does that reflect so much on Tucker as the 'experts' who predicted the collapse? He got them on record predicting doom, and it did not happen.

Are you looking for him to push a viewpoint or claiming he does, when he is interviewing people who go on record in interviews he conducts, exposing the quality of the opinions of those he interviews?

The media are saturated with people who tell us what to think, often wrong. Watch, and make up your own mind, do your due diligence as people here do, and the person colored by this is the interviewee, not so much the interviewer.

just my $0.02

They were "experts" he invited to his show to back up HIS view. He did not present any other view. Over and over.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2024, 04:03:26 am »
They were "experts" he invited to his show to back up HIS view. He did not present any other view. Over and over.
I have to admit I have not seen Tucker argue with the people he interviews. Maybe that is because he wants to let them talk, to say what they think in their words rather than talk over them like so many so-called interviewers do. I don't tune in for a debate, but for information, and that comes from the horses' mouth. Good or bad, Tucker is good at letting them expose themselves. He does interview people who are unpopular or who hav unpopular viewpoints. Part of the job.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2024, 01:55:06 pm »
I have to admit I have not seen Tucker argue with the people he interviews. Maybe that is because he wants to let them talk, to say what they think in their words rather than talk over them like so many so-called interviewers do. I don't tune in for a debate, but for information, and that comes from the horses' mouth. Good or bad, Tucker is good at letting them expose themselves. He does interview people who are unpopular or who hav unpopular viewpoints. Part of the job.

Tucker was using his guests for re-enforcement of his views on Ukraine. Tucker parroted Putin's claims on Ukraine regarding NATO, NAZIs, corruption etc. There's likely video still up on the posts about it here on the earlier Ukraine threads.

Online corbe

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2024, 02:32:54 pm »
   Tucker is a tool of the CIA, just as his Foster Father, Dick Carlson was.  CIA always recruits within the Family first and foremost.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2024, 03:34:02 pm »

It was much worse than that.  I laid out Tucker's bizarre fascination with Col. Douglas MacGregor in a post about a year ago:

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,494622.msg2799959.html#msg2799959

Bottom line is that Tucker kept inviting Col. Douglas MacGregor on his show repeatedly, and MacGregor kept making wildly wrong predictions week after week.  Not only did Tucker never once say anything like "your last prediction was wrong, what's your explanation for that", but even after a year of making terribly wrong predictions, Tucker kept personally vouching MacGregor's accuracy and honesty:  From that post:

Here's his interview of MacGregor from a week ago, in which Tucker introduced him as "One of the very few people we trust and you've been honest since the very beginning".  Which is pretty much the direct opposite of the inarguable truth:

https://www.bitchute.com/video/4Ftd6y88USKA/

And one of Tucker's obsequious MacGregor interviews from September:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/tucker-carlson-ukraine-russia-guest-b2165684.html

It was beyond strange.  If you put a guy on your show repeatedly, and continue to vouch for his trustworthiness and honesty, you own what the guy says.  Tucker must have an incredibly low opinion of his audience to think they wouldn't catch on to the fact that his primary expert on whom he kept relying, and for whom he kept vouching, was consistently just wildly wrong.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2024, 03:35:16 pm »
   Tucker is a tool of the CIA, just as his Foster Father, Dick Carlson was.  CIA always recruits within the Family first and foremost.

If he's a tool of the CIA, then the CIA is pro-Russia and anti-Ukraine/anti-NATO.

Online DB

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2024, 03:37:19 pm »
If he's a tool of the CIA, then the CIA is pro-Russia and anti-Ukraine/anti-NATO.

Or stir the pot for more power/resources...