Author Topic: Net Zero and the threat to the rule of law  (Read 176 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Net Zero and the threat to the rule of law
« on: April 10, 2024, 04:19:59 pm »
Net Zero and the threat to the rule of law
Director's column
10 Apr
Andrew Montford
Yesterday, the European Court of Human Rights ruled that governments have a duty to protect their citizens from climate change. This was apparently based on an astonishingly broad reading of the legislation, the judges using the article on “right to respect for private and family life” as the basis of their decision.

The impact of the ruling, which is binding on all signatory countries, including the UK, is that climate change policies must be put in place, regardless of the costs and benefits. It is therefore, by definition, irrational.

We shouldn’t be surprised. It is now clear that climate catastrophism is a religion, and as Andy West explained in his recent GWPF book [1], religions are not rational things, operating instead by generating feelings of fear in the subconscious mind.

https://www.netzerowatch.com/all-news/net-zero-rule-law
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online DefiantMassRINO

Re: Net Zero and the threat to the rule of law
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2024, 04:24:32 pm »
 ////00000////

It's "net" zero, not "gross" zero ... so, would homicides count as carbon offsets?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.