Author Topic: Oakland Crime Wave: Burglaries Nearly Doubled over Last Three Years as Arrests Cut in Half  (Read 194 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Oakland Crime Wave: Burglaries Nearly Doubled over Last Three Years as Arrests Cut in Half

By JAMES LYNCH
April 9, 2024 12:47 PM
The city of Oakland has experienced a dramatic crime surge since 2020 as arrests plunge and the police department struggles to fill vacancies.

From 2020 to 2023 burglaries increased by 99 percent, motor-vehicle theft surged by 72 percent, robberies jumped by 53 percent and homicides went up 16 percent, according to a supplemental police report on the Oakland public safety committee’s April 9 agenda. Arrests plummeted by 50 percent over the same period.

The newly released data, first reported by the Center Square, demonstrates that the public-safety situation in Oakland has not significantly improved since the Oakland police department released a city-wide crime report at the end of 2023 showing that robberies in the city had spiked by 38 percent, burglaries went up 23 percent and motor-vehicle theft surged by 44 percent compared to the same period the previous year. An analysis by the San Francisco Chronicle found roughly one out of every 30 city residents was the victim of car theft last year.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/oakland-crime-wave-burglaries-nearly-doubled-over-last-three-years-as-arrests-cut-in-half/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Congratulations Oakland city council, ever alert to the safety of it's citizens, and the defund the police movement by democrats. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson