Author Topic: The State of the Navy 2024  (Read 113 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The State of the Navy 2024
« on: April 10, 2024, 01:44:23 pm »
The State of the Navy 2024
Amid program delays and budget choices, new CNO vows more learning and "more players on the field."
BRADLEY PENISTON | APRIL 8, 2024

What’s going on with Navy shipbuilding?

That’s the question Secretary Carlos Del Toro asked in February, as it emerged that labor shortages were delaying construction on the lead frigate of the Navy’s new Constellation class. But that wasn’t the only program behind schedule, and so Del Toro ordered up a 45-day review of all of his service’s shipbuilding efforts. When the Navy revealed its findings in early April, the study showed every major program was a year and a half to three years behind schedule.

What comes next isn’t yet clear. “We don’t have detailed plans of action, milestones, initiatives—we are identifying and deeply looking into where we are now in a ‘get real, get better’ approach,” Nickolas Guertin, the Navy’s chief buyer, told reporters at the Pentagon. “We found that we have issues that need to be resolved...But we don’t have all those things completely nailed down yet.”

And just a few days later, Navy officials who were slated to offer briefings about the programs at Sea-Air-Space 2024 canceled just before the big Navy League event kicked off.

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2024/04/state-navy-2024/395452/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson