Author Topic: Biden says Netanyahu’s approach to the war is a mistake, deepening a rift between the two allies  (Read 162 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Biden says Netanyahu’s approach to the war is a mistake, deepening a rift between the two allies

U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken has said Israel has not informed the U.S. of any specific date for the start of a major offensive into the southern Gaza city of Rafah. Blinken made the remarks on Tuesday during a news conference with British Foreign Secretary David Cameron.

BY TIA GOLDENBERG AND WAFAA SHURAFA
Updated 7:02 AM EDT, April 10, 2024

TEL AVIV, Israel (AP) — U.S. President Joe Biden called Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s handling of the war in Gaza a mistake and called for his government to flood the beleaguered territory with aid, ramping up pressure on Israel to reach a cease-fire and widening a rift between the two staunch allies.

Palestinians in Gaza marked a muted start to the Eid al-Fitr holiday, with parents visiting the graves of sons and daughters killed in the war. After morning prayers, Muslims often visit the resting places of loved ones during the three-day festival marking the end of the holy fasting month of Ramadan.

At a cemetery in the central Gaza city of Deir al-Balah, Samahir Za’neen crouched over the tombstone of her 20-year-old son, who was killed in an airstrike in January while walking in the city. “His Eid (is) in paradise, God willing,” she said.

Biden has been an outspoken supporter of Israel’s war against Hamas since the militant group launched a deadly assault on Oct. 7. But in recent weeks his patience with Netanyahu has appeared to be waning and his administration has taken a more stern line with Israel, rattling the countries’ decades-old alliance and deepening Israel’s international isolation over the war.

https://apnews.com/article/israel-hamas-gaza-war-news-04-10-2024-fad770cbe77a7ae7d1de8568dbabd460
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I find it amazing how democrats such as Bile Clinton, Madam Clinton, Imam Obama, and our current president are considered to be such geniuses by the MSM at military operations, intelligence, planning for the future, determining future weapons will be best yet Donald Trump, like all of them, was not in the military but unqualified to be CIC. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson