Author Topic: Axelrod: Arizona Abortion Ban Is an ‘Earthquake’ that Could ‘Tip This Election’  (Read 293 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Axelrod: Arizona Abortion Ban Is an ‘Earthquake’ that Could ‘Tip This Election’

Pam Key 9 Apr 2024

CNN contributor David Axelrod said Tuesday on “The Situation Room” that the Arizona Supreme Court upholding a 123-year-old law that bans all abortions except to save the life of the mother was an “earthquake” that could “tip this election.”

Axelrod said, “This has put the health care of women in peace of mind of women across Arizona at risk. And so we should not forget the substance in this.”

He continued, “But as a political matter this could not be more of a disaster for the Republican Party. Yesterday Donald Trump said it’s up to the people in the states. Let the states decide. Well, here you find what happens when you let the states decide. In Florida a six-week ban is in place. I guarantee you in both those states, if you put that on the ballot and they will be on the ballot in the form of initiatives that a majority of voters in those states do not agree with those policies.”

Axelrod added, “So I think what this does is it puts a battleground state more in the leaning D column and then the leaning R column because I think there’s going to be a massive turnout in November for a constitutional amendment in the state of Arizona because the voters of Arizona now have a demonstration of the fragility of abortion rights in the post Dobbs era. I think this is an earthquake, those electoral votes in Arizona could be the ones that tip this election.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/04/09/axelrod-arizona-abortion-ban-is-an-earthquake-that-could-tip-this-election/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
It looks like this issue IS going to be on the Arizona ballots this November.

This assures a lopsided turnout for the DCommunists, even though the Dcom AZ attorney general has said she will not prosecute anyone under the existing law.

Even Republican women are going to vote to change the Constitution there.
I'll reckon the number of them to do so will be upwards of a quarter, perhaps closer to a third. Doesn't matter what a lot will say "publicly" -- when they get into the voting booth, watch out.

Aside:
Same thing is going to happen this year in Florida, as well.

For the DCommunists, Dobbs is "the gift that keeps on giving".
And will continue to do so in the future.

Offline LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online cato potatoe

Voters are capable of splitting on abortion --- backing fewer restrictions while supporting their usual candidates.  The initiative in Florida is close to 60% support while Trump and Scott hold comfortable leads.

Abortion makes a perfect scapegoat for toxic MAGA candidates.  You see, it wasn't Trump's fault.  The pro-lifers stole it from him.  He deserves another shot in 2028.  Stand aside, backstabbers.

Offline LMAO

Voters are capable of splitting on abortion --- backing fewer restrictions while supporting their usual candidates.  The initiative in Florida is close to 60% support while Trump and Scott hold comfortable leads.

Abortion makes a perfect scapegoat for toxic MAGA candidates.  You see, it wasn't Trump's fault.  The pro-lifers stole it from him.  He deserves another shot in 2028.  Stand aside, backstabbers.

That is true.

For example, Ron DeSantis handily defeated Charlie Crist in 2022. Very unlikely that all those who voted for Ron DeSantis share his views on abortion

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy