Author Topic: The Climate Change Consequences of Nuclear Weapons  (Read 121 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Climate Change Consequences of Nuclear Weapons
« on: April 10, 2024, 01:16:18 pm »
The Climate Change Consequences of Nuclear Weapons
Adam Lowther2 mins ago

With the recent release of Annie Jacobsen’s highly acclaimed novel, Nuclear War: A Scenario, Americans are waking up to the fact that it is time to reconsider the role of nuclear weapons in national security. One area that Jacobsen, among many authors, does not consider is the increase in global warming brought about by the existence of great-power nuclear arsenals.

In 2024, the world’s population surpassed 8 billion citizens. This is more than a 300 percent increase since 1950, which is an important year for global warming. It was this year when carbon-dioxide (CO2) emissions began to increase dramatically—driving up the global temperature.

Today, the average American emits about 15 tons of greenhouse gases annually, while the average African emits less than 1 ton per year. The global mean is about 4.3 tons per person per year, a 4.8 percent increase over the previous year.

https://globalsecurityreview.com/the-climate-change-consequences-of-nuclear-weapons/
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 01:17:21 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: The Climate Change Consequences of Nuclear Weapons
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2024, 01:21:38 pm »
I'm convinced if the US leads the way and unilaterally gets rid of our nukes, leaders of other countries dedicated to clean air like Putin, Xi, and Kim Dung Un would also unite and save the world by giving up theirs. 8bs8
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson