Author Topic: Establishment TV Networks Pressure Biden, 81, to Debate Trump  (Read 256 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Establishment TV Networks Pressure Biden, 81, to Debate Trump

Wendell Husebø 10 Apr 2024

Establishment television networks prepared a public letter on Tuesday to pressure President Joe Biden, 81, to debate former President Donald Trump.

Biden remains noncommittal about debating Trump. In contrast, Trump is happy to confront Biden on his record, pledging in March to debate Biden anytime, anywhere, and anyplace.

Nearly three-fourths of voters believe if Biden skips the presidential debates, it shows “weakness,” a Fox News poll found.

“Biden won’t get away with the basement routine this time,” Jason Miller, a senior adviser to the Trump campaign, told the New York Times on Tuesday.

In an “unusual” open letter endorsed by ABC, CBS, CNN, NBC, and Fox News, the networks urged Biden to debate Trump, citing the need to reduce polarization, according to a draft version obtained by the Times.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/04/10/establishment-tv-networks-pressure-biden-81-to-debate-trump/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rustynail

Re: Establishment TV Networks Pressure Biden, 81, to Debate Trump
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2024, 01:07:36 pm »
Our Joe is a crafty Old Fox.  Could he be setting Trump up for a 'take down'?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2024, 01:14:53 pm »
Seems I recall a certain presidential candidate who refused to debate his primary opponents because he didn’t want to be confronted over his own record
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2024, 05:23:13 pm »
Seems I recall a certain presidential candidate who refused to debate his primary opponents because he didn’t want to be confronted over his own record

Democrats will definitely use Trump's refusal to debate in the primaries as a reason not to debate in the general election.  Also gives them a chance to re-open wounds from the GOP primary.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2024, 10:05:58 pm »
Sumthin' tells me the odds of presidential debates this time around... well... they ain't so good. I could be wrong.

And that's just fine with me.
I wouldn't watch them anyway (I don't watch tv news... ANY tv news)