Author Topic: Navy’s first East Coast-based Osprey arrives at Norfolk  (Read 109 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy’s first East Coast-based Osprey arrives at Norfolk
« on: April 10, 2024, 12:50:28 pm »
Navy’s first East Coast-based Osprey arrives at Norfolk
By Jonathan Lehrfeld
 Apr 10, 05:05 AM

The first Navy CMV-22B Osprey aircraft assigned to the East Coast arrived at Naval Station Norfolk, Virginia, on Friday, following a months-long, military-wide safety stand down.

The Osprey, which lifts off like a helicopter and flies like an airplane, is assigned to Fleet Logistics Multi-Mission Squadron 40.

It will provide long-range logistics support for aircraft carriers, and are slated to replace the aging C-2A Greyhound fleet in the coming years.

“This first aircraft’s arrival symbolizes an evolution and change in Naval Aviation as we look toward the future,” Rear Adm. Doug Verissimo, the commander of Naval Air Force Atlantic, said in a statement.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-navy/2024/04/10/navys-first-east-coast-based-osprey-arrives-at-norfolk/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Navy’s first East Coast-based Osprey arrives at Norfolk
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2024, 12:52:59 pm »
You have to believe the climate of the east coast is such they are less likely to crash! :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson