Author Topic: Fewer airmen could receive bonuses for tough jobs in 2025  (Read 114 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Fewer airmen could receive bonuses for tough jobs in 2025
« on: April 10, 2024, 12:41:58 pm »
Fewer airmen could receive bonuses for tough jobs in 2025
By Courtney Mabeus-Brown

The Air Force would cut bonus pay for more than 700 enlisted airmen in some of the service’s toughest jobs in fiscal year 2025, according to its most recent budget request.

If approved by Congress, the cuts would reduce the Air Force’s special duty assignment pay program by about $4 million as the service shifts money toward modernization and maintenance efforts while planning for a flat workforce in the coming year.

Airmen receive monthly bonus pay between $75 and $450 — totaling $900 to $5,400 annually — under the program. The Air Force estimates it would spend $91.2 million for 30,136 airmen to receive the money next year, down from an estimated $95.2 million in FY24, in which it projects 30,904 airmen will receive bonus pay.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-air-force/2024/04/10/fewer-airmen-could-receive-bonuses-for-tough-jobs-in-2025/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Fewer airmen could receive bonuses for tough jobs in 2025
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2024, 12:47:27 pm »
To prove their "dedication" to equity, shouldn't the government cut an equal amount to illegal "newcomers" from every country? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson