Author Topic: Philadelphia Prides Itself on Being a Sanctuary City, but Migrants Complain the City is Letting Them  (Read 111 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Philadelphia Prides Itself on Being a Sanctuary City, but Migrants Complain the City is Letting Them Down
April 04, 2024

Ira Mehlman
Media Director
Philadelphia declared itself a sanctuary for illegal aliens in 2016, and the city boasts that “More undocumented immigrants live in Philadelphia than in any of the largest Northeast American cities, except New York City.” More are arriving all the time under the Biden administration’s open-borders policies.

Suffice it to say that if there are any benefits or protections that can be lavished on illegal aliens, the City of Brotherly Love can be counted on to lavish it. The city has even gone so far as to establish an Amazon Migrant Welcome Center – Wish List, asking citizens to purchase dozens of items that newly arriving migrants might need. And yet, the droves of migrants who have flocked to Philadelphia say they aren’t feeling the love. They feel let down and are demanding that Philadelphia up its game.

The problems stem from the fact that Philadelphia’s boundless generosity toward illegal aliens cannot be matched by its resources. As migrants continue to pour into Philadelphia from all over the world, speaking 157 different languages (as of 2019), the city’s schools are failing to keep up with the demand for bilingual educators, translators and other services. In fact, the Philadelphia City School District is just failing generally. Only 24 percent of elementary school students are reading at or above grade level, and only 15 percent can do math at their grade level. Overall, only 21 percent of Philadelphia public high school students are considered college ready.

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2024/04/04/philadelphia-prides-itself-being-sanctuary-city-migrants-complain-city-letting-them
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson