Author Topic: Biden says he is examining power to shut US border on his own  (Read 167 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden says he is examining power to shut US border on his own

PUBLISHED ON
APRIL 09, 2024 9:40 PM

WASHINGTON — President Joe Biden said in an interview broadcast on Tuesday (April 9) that he and his administration are trying to determine whether he has the authority to act on his own to shut down the US's southern border with Mexico to migrants, should it be deemed necessary.

Biden told Univision in the interview that because bipartisan legislation that would have granted him the authority to shut the border was stalled by Republicans in Congress, he was being encouraged to try to do it alone.

"We're examining whether or not I have that power," Biden said, adding there was "no guarantee" he has the power without legislation.

https://www.asiaone.com/world/biden-says-he-examining-power-shut-us-border-his-own
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Biden says he is examining power to shut US border on his own
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2024, 10:35:19 am »
 :mauslaff: :laughingdog: :pigs fly:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson