Author Topic: Some migrants at New York City shelters say they're not getting proper food for Ramadan  (Read 628 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Some migrants at New York City shelters say they're not getting proper food for Ramadan

By Ali Bauman

April 9, 2024 / 11:48 PM EDT / CBS New York

NEW YORK -- Some migrants say as Ramadan comes to a close, they're not getting the proper food at New York City shelters, but the city says it's all a big misunderstanding.

Amadou Barry came to New York from Guinea in West Africa three months ago. He's one of the 3,000 asylum seekers at the Randall's Island humanitarian center breaking fast in the shelter's cafeteria.

"Sometimes good food, sometimes no good food," Barry said.

Tuesday, he said the food was good. It was Eid al-Fitr, celebrating the end of the month of Ramadan.

More than half the migrants at the Randall's Island shelter are Muslim.

https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/news/new-york-city-migrant-shelters-ramadan-food/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Christians try to help others in need at Holy Holidays.  Muslims don't do the same? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

Baloney sandwiches on white bread. If you don't like it, go back to your #*%! hellhole country.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Some migrants at New York City shelters say they're not getting proper food for Ramadan

By Ali Bauman

April 9, 2024 / 11:48 PM EDT / CBS New York

NEW YORK -- Some migrants say as Ramadan comes to a close, they're not getting the proper food at New York City shelters, but the city says it's all a big misunderstanding.

Amadou Barry came to New York from Guinea in West Africa three months ago. He's one of the 3,000 asylum seekers at the Randall's Island humanitarian center breaking fast in the shelter's cafeteria.

"Sometimes good food, sometimes no good food," Barry said.

Tuesday, he said the food was good. It was Eid al-Fitr, celebrating the end of the month of Ramadan.

More than half the migrants at the Randall's Island shelter are Muslim.

https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/news/new-york-city-migrant-shelters-ramadan-food/
Give them all the dead dogs and cats from the animal shelters. That is considered 'good food' in their home countries.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 07:29:53 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

NYC is lousy with rats and roaches. There you go.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Don't like the food?

Go home!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
No halal for you !!

Online libertybele

If you don't eat what is given to you for free, you go hungry!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline berdie

If you don't eat what is given to you for free, you go hungry!

Here's a big Amen from me. Or get their happy fannies out of here and go home.

Oh, I'm sorry...I'm sure Christians get a great dinner in Muslim ruled counties. /s