Author Topic: What’s With This ‘Partner’ Crap? Derek Hunter  (Read 147 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What’s With This ‘Partner’ Crap? Derek Hunter
« on: April 09, 2024, 10:38:08 pm »
What’s With This ‘Partner’ Crap?
Derek Hunter

I notice language. I can’t help it. It might be a little OCD, I just don’t care enough to bother to be diagnosed – I’m not interested in the “I’ve been diagnosed with X, I’m victim, pay attention to me!” game. Even if I did have a touch of it, I’m happy with it, as it helps me notice things, which allows me to point them out. And one thing I’ve noticed lately is how the following words – wife, husband, boyfriend, girlfriend – are going away in news stories and they’re being replaced by “partner.”

Illegal aliens used to be called illegal aliens. Why? Because they’re illegally in this country and alien was a term for people from another country. Makes sense. But Democrats hated it because it concisely conveyed accurate information about someone’s immigration status. “No person is illegal,” they whined, while forbidding the collection of data on the criminal activity of illegal aliens. (Well, illegal activity beyond their mere existence in the country, that is.)

It was a matter of politics for the left – they did not want to differentiate between Americans and illegal aliens because A) They favor illegal aliens, B) They want as many as possible in the country because they see them as a huge voting pool for them, and C) If the true crime statistics were ever known, I’m certain there would be a near-uniform cry from Americans for mass deportations.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2024/04/09/whats-with-this-partner-crap-n2637507
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34