Author Topic: ‘Here and now’: CNO Franchetti on the looming munitions issue for ships in Middle East  (Read 180 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 ‘Here and now’: CNO Franchetti on the looming munitions issue for ships in Middle East
Adm. Lisa Franchetti acknowledged the Navy hasn't invested in munitions sufficiently in previous years, but is sending a demand signal to industry.
By   JUSTIN KATZ
on April 08, 2024 at 3:46 PM

SEA AIR SPACE — As US Navy ships shoot down aerial and seaborn threats in the Red Sea, the service’s top officer suggested today there’s a stretch on munition stockpiles due to past under-investment, but the race is on to shore up any shortfall.

“As you know, we did not invest in munitions, so we are where we are, because … it was not our focus in the past,” Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Lisa Franchetti told a small group of reporters today on the sidelines of the Sea Air Space Exposition.

“But over the past few years, really starting on Admiral [Michael] Gilday’s watch, he elevated munitions to be our primary focus area, and we are investing and sending that demand signal to industry that we need more munitions,” she continued.

https://breakingdefense.com/2024/04/here-and-now-cno-franchetti-on-the-looming-munitions-issue-for-ships-in-middle-east/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I guess her predecessors were never told of the importance of munitions in battle. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Passing the buck to "industry" is NOT going to solve the Navy's enormous problems.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
I guess her predecessors were never told of the importance of munitions in battle. *****rollingeyes*****

That would be these "leaders", starting with Vern Clark:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_of_Naval_Operations

Frank Kelso was the last, half-way decent CNO, way back in 1990-1994.  He was ultimately a victim of Tailhook, in what was a sign of the times to come.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Kelso
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus