Author Topic: The last surviving Medal of Honor recipient of the Korean War has died  (Read 139 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The last surviving Medal of Honor recipient of the Korean War has died
By Leo Shane III
 Apr 8, 02:12 PM

Ralph Puckett Jr., an Army veteran who was the last living Medal of Honor recipient from the Korean War, died on Monday at the age of 97.

Puckett was awarded the military’s highest honor by President Joe Biden in 2021, more than 70 years after his heroism overseas. In a statement, officials from the National Medal of Honor Museum Foundation hailed him and the 146 other Medal of Honor recipients from that war as models for heroism and service.

“Col. Ralph Puckett was the last of a generation of extraordinary heroes,” said Chris Cassidy, president and CEO of the foundation. “His actions [on the battlefield] reverberated far beyond the Korean peninsula as his courage, sacrifice, commitment and patriotism have inspired Americans for over 70 years.”

https://www.militarytimes.com/veterans/2024/04/08/the-last-surviving-medal-of-honor-recipient-of-the-korean-war-has-died/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I wonder if John Kerry will receive his in about 20 years?  His bravery in hitting his head on the dash of his patrol boat certainly deserves more than a Purple Heart! *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson