Author Topic: The State of the Army 2024  (Read 131 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The State of the Army 2024
« on: April 09, 2024, 08:33:42 pm »
The State of the Army 2024
The cancellation of a scout helicopter might signal a new era of agility.
SAM SKOVE | APRIL 8, 2024 05:26 PM ET
ARMY

Six months into his tenure, the newest Army chief of staff canceled plans for a sleek, futuristic helicopter, a decision that reflects new priorities for the service—and just might epitomize a new era of agility.

Unlike earlier multibillion-dollar programs scuttled for bad program design or cost overruns, Gen. Randy George axed the Future Attack Reconnaissance Aircraft, or FARA, to accommodate major changes in warfare—in particular, those seen in Ukraine—that demand new tech such as loitering munitions and drones.

“We are learning from the battlefield—especially in Ukraine—that aerial reconnaissance has fundamentally changed,” George said in a press release. “Sensors and weapons mounted on a variety of unmanned systems and in space are more ubiquitous, further reaching, and more inexpensive than ever before.”

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2024/04/state-army-2024/395450/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson