Author Topic: US Marine Corps’ VMFA-542 achieves full operational capability with F-35B squadron  (Read 125 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Marine Corps’ VMFA-542 achieves full operational capability with F-35B squadron
NEWSMARITIME SECURITY
By
Dylan Malyasov
Apr 9, 2024
Modified date: Apr 9, 2024

Photo by Madison Blackstock
The U.S. Marine Corps annoucned that Marine Fighter Attack Squadron (VMFA) 542, 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing (MAW), reached a significant milestone as it attained full operational capability on Wednesday, becoming the U.S. Marine Corps’ first East Coast F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter squadron within the Fleet Marine Force.

Full operational capability denotes VMFA-542’s readiness for comprehensive operations following its transition from a legacy tactical-aircraft platform to the F-35B Lightning II. With this achievement, the squadron is now poised to deploy globally in support of planned or unforeseen operations. As 2nd MAW’s inaugural operational fifth-generation fighter-attack squadron, VMFA-542 stands prepared to execute its mission essential tasks (METs) in support of the Marine Air-Ground Task Force (MAGTF). These METs encompass various critical functions such as close-air support, reconnaissance, and electronic warfare.

Lt. Col. Brian Hansell, commanding officer of VMFA-542, lauded the Marines’ dedication and professionalism, stating, “Achieving full operational capability is a testament to the exceptional hard work and professionalism from the Marines of VMFA-542. This milestone marks the addition of a battle-ready aviation squadron with unmatched combat lethality and survivability to the Marine Expeditionary Force. We are ready and able to conduct missions globally in support of the MAGTF as we continue to prepare for the next challenge.”

https://defence-blog.com/us-marine-corps-vmfa-542-achieves-full-operational-capability-with-f-35b-squadron/#google_vignette
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
  full operational capability 

That doesn't necessarily mean they are operating at full operational capability, only that they are capable of it.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson