Author Topic: US F-35s to Poland: NATO Has 5-Times More 5th-Gen Jets Than Russia  (Read 126 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US F-35s to Poland: NATO Has 5-Times More 5th-Gen Jets Than Russia

The Pentagon is moving 5th-generation stealth airpower Eastward in what appears to be an effort to send a “deterrence” message to Russia
KRIS OSBORN, WARRIOR MAVEN - CENTER FOR MILITARY MODERNIZATIONUPDATED:6 HOURS AGOORIGINAL:APR 8, 2024
By Kris Osborn, President, Center for Military Modernization

The Pentagon is moving 5th-generation stealth airpower Eastward in what appears to be an effort to send a “deterrence” message to Russia regarding the Baltics and Eastern Europe increasingly believed to be at risk of Russian attack. Four US F-35s have replaced existing 4th-generation aircraft and ushered in a new phase of 5th-generation stealth deterrence along the Eastern European border with Russia. The arriving F-35 Lightning IIs have begun operations at Lask Air Base, Poland, a service statement explained.

“The aircraft replaced four F-16 Fighting Falcons from the 52nd Fighter Wing, based at Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany, to continue integration with NATO Allies,” a statement from US Air Forces in Europe said. “This capability is critical for a timely and coordinated response, if and when called upon.” Operating from forward locations allows U.S. Air Force Airmen to live, train, and operate alongside European counterparts while enabling NATO’s collective defense capabilities.”

Looking at NATO’s defensive posture, and the growing multinational force of F-35s, the arrival of additional F-35s seems to make strategic sense, particularly in light of increasing Russian threats related to its Ukraine campaign, nuclear threats and inflammatory anti-NATO rhetoric.

https://warriormaven.com/air/us-f-35s-to-poland-nato-has-5-times-more-5th-gen-jets-than-russia
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: US F-35s to Poland: NATO Has 5-Times More 5th-Gen Jets Than Russia
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2024, 08:07:37 pm »
Does NATO have as many pilots as planes?  Something tells me no. :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson