Author Topic: Marine Corps delays 1st deployment of new heavy-lift helicopter to 2026  (Read 132 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Marine Corps delays 1st deployment of new heavy-lift helicopter to 2026
 Apr 9, 02:23 PM

Sikorsky has delivered 14 King Stallions to the Marine Corps and has 79 total on contract. (D.S. Resch)
NATIONAL HARBOR, Md. — The Marine Corps plans to deploy its powerful new heavy-lift helicopter for the first time in 2026 — the year after it previously had anticipated.

The CH-53K King Stallion will get deployed from the East Coast sometime in 2026 with a Marine expeditionary unit, said Col. Kate Fleeger, the helicopter’s program manager, on Tuesday at the Navy League’s Sea-Air-Space conference in National Harbor, Maryland.

At the same conference in 2023, Fleeger said the Corps planned to deploy the King Stallion with a Marine expeditionary unit in 2025.

https://www.defensenews.com/news/your-marine-corps/2024/04/09/marine-corps-delays-1st-deployment-of-new-heavy-lift-helicopter-to-2026/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Good God Almighty!  Another major equipment delay in the military? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson