Author Topic: Biden Admin Asks Judge for Help After Ruling Migrants Can Own Guns  (Read 271 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden Admin Asks Judge for Help After Ruling Migrants Can Own Guns
Published Apr 09, 2024 at 12:34 PM EDT
Updated Apr 09, 2024 at 12:57 PM EDT

By Nick Mordowanec

The federal government has appealed a judge's recent ruling allowing an illegal migrant to lawfully possess firearms.

On April 4, acting U.S. Attorney Morris Pasqual appealed Judge Sharon Coleman's March ruling to allow an illegal migrant in Illinois to possess guns to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th District. Pasqual was appointed by U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland in March 2023 to serve in his current role for the Northern District of Illinois.

The appeal, filed within 30 days of Coleman's decision, contained no additional information or explanation.

Newsweek reached out via email to Pasqual, the Department of Justice (DOJ), the White House and the Northern District of Illinois for comment.

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-doj-migrant-guns-court-filing-1888515?piano_t=1
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson