Author Topic: I’ve Been at NPR for 25 Years. Here’s How We Lost America’s Trust.  (Read 4703 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
And $500,000 dollars of our money goes to fund this Communist Leftist think-tank.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Senior Editor: NPR Employs 87 Democrats in Editorial Positions, 0 Republicans in DC Newsroom

NPR radio dazeAP Photo/Charles Dharapak
WENDELL HUSEBØ9 Apr 2024949

Far-left National Public Radio (NPR) employs 87 registered Democrats in editorial positions but zero Republicans in the same positions in its Washington, DC, headquarters, NPR Senior Editor Uri Berliner wrote Tuesday.

Berliner, who admittedly leans left, wrote a scathing article about NPR’s illiberal newsroom, slamming the taxpayer-funded network for refusing to address “a diversity problem” within the office.

In an article published in the Free Press, Berliner said he opposed many of the left-wing and perhaps false narratives NPR spun about the coronavirus “lab leak theory,” Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA), the “Don’t Say Gay” bill, Hunter Biden’s laptop, former President Donald Trump, and the 2016 Russia hoax.

“[P]olitics were blotting out the curiosity and independence that ought to have been driving our work,” he explained. His concerns came to a head when he told management in 2021 that NPR, which presents its news stories as unbiased, had a bias problem within the network.

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2024/04/09/senior-editor-npr-employs-87-democrats-in-editorial-positions-0-republicans-in-dc-newsroom/
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 03:45:11 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
If they were all white, it would be headline news all the way to McMurdo sound about the lack of diversity and equity.  I guess they don't apply to the media and politics.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Women wearing comfortable shoes and flannel drive Lezbaru's.

Well that I did know about, but thought it was for 90's and 2000's outback specifically. Didn't know the whole Subaru brand was tarnished by this association.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well that I did know about, but thought it was for 90's and 2000's outback specifically. Didn't know the whole Subaru brand was tarnished by this association.

Subaru got weird when they adopted the slogan "Love...it's what makes a Subaru a Subaru."  Before that, it was 4WD that made it a Subaru.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

Not a good stereotype, is it? I've had two, and some of my best conservative friends own them.

It's kinda true... they got big with granola-heads, and that ain't rubbed off. But they're dang good cars, and about the only car reliable enough to bear the claim in mountain regions. In places that demand the most out of a vehicle, you're either driving something made from a pickup, or you're driving a Subie.

That's true enough.

Online mountaineer

Mitch "The Wałęsa Project" Berg 🇺🇸
@mitchpberg
Us:  "NPR is government radio"

Them:  "Hah.  Direct subsidies are <2% of budget"

Us:  "Indirect subsidies, like grants to groups that pay for programs, and free space @ universities, make it more like 40%"

Them:  "Why do you want to kill Nina Totenberg?"
3:34 PM · Apr 10, 2024
:laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

NPR Editor's Critical Op-Ed Ignites Debate Over Political Bias in Journalism: 'This Essay Has It Backwards'
Story by Natalie Korach • 17h

A scathing op-ed from NPR veteran and current senior business editor Uri Berliner published in The Free Press on Tuesday has intensified debates over whether the publicly funded news organization has adopted a partisan lean in recent years.

In the piece, Berliner details a culture shift at the organization, in which "An open-minded spirit no longer exists within NPR, and now, predictably, we don't have an audience that reflects America."

Berliner argued that NPR is plagued with an "absence of viewpoint diversity," which he considers to be a result of leadership's emphasis on promoting diversity and inclusion on the basis of race and sexual orientation. He also claims that he found "87 registered Democrats working in editorial positions and zero Republicans."

NPR editor-in-chief Edith Chapin defended the organization in response to the piece, saying she the leadership team "strongly disagree with Uri's assessment of the quality of our journalism."

While Chapin backed the "exceptional work that our desks and shows do to cover a wide range of challenging stories," she added that "None of our work is above scrutiny or critique. We must have vigorous discussions in the newsroom about how we serve the public as a whole."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/npr-editor-s-critical-op-ed-ignites-debate-over-political-bias-in-journalism-this-essay-has-it-backwards/ar-BB1lpcFr?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=5ce61b233e4d4e8b961ef42b81e5e4f3&ei=26
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Liberals always defend most ardently, not well but ardently, the things they are trying to destroy to set a smoke screen for their true motives.  Just think of free speech.
Thomas Jefferson

Online corbe

Trump had 4 years to rein this crap in.

Trump knocks NPR after editor accuses network of bias

BY DOMINICK MASTRANGELO - 04/11/24 9:09 AM ET

Former President Trump took a shot at NPR after one of its editors openly blasted the public broadcaster, accusing it of bias.

“NO MORE FUNDING FOR NPR, A TOTAL SCAM! EDITOR SAID THEY HAVE NO REPUBLICANS, AND IS ONLY USED TO ‘DAMAGE TRUMP,'” the former president wrote this week on his Truth Social website. “THEY ARE A LIBERAL DISINFORMATION MACHINE. NOT ONE DOLLAR!!!”

Trump’s condemnation came after Uri Berliner, a senior editor at NPR who has worked there for more than two decades, published an op-ed saying his employer has lost its way and criticizing its editorial strategy.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4587820-trump-knocks-npr-after-editor-accuses-network-of-bias/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline PeteS in CA

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline LMAO

‘Strongly Disagree’ — NPR Rejects Accusation of Political Bias from Veteran Editor

NPR issued a hasty rebuke Tuesday to senior business editor Uri Berliner after he took the broadcaster to task over its lack of diverse views and opinions bookended by left-wing bias.

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2024/04/10/strongly-disagree-npr-rejects-accusation-of-political-bias-from-veteran-editor/

Most of the staff at NPR probably don’t think they have a political bias. They think what they believe is just what is. They probably don’t venture much outside of their liberal bubble
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

End Wokeness
@EndWokeness
This is NPR's new CEO, Katherine Maher. Reminder: Our taxes fund her salary.
2:30 PM · Apr 14, 2024

End Wokeness
@EndWokeness
This is the new CEO and President of NPR. After seeing her old tweets, I'm starting to think she's just an AI chatbot.
They must be trolling us, right? Right?
5:46 PM · Apr 14, 2024

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
 :bkmk:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NPR suspends veteran editor who blew whistle on liberal bias at organization
Uri Berliner has been suspended for five days without pay after criticizing outlet's liberal bias
 By Brian Flood Fox News
Published April 16, 2024 9:15am EDT

NPR has suspended veteran editor Uri Berliner after he detailed his employer’s "absence of viewpoint diversity" last week in a stunning rebuke of the news organization.

NPR media reporter David Folkenflik reported the five-day suspension without pay began on Friday.

Berliner penned a bombshell piece in the Free Press that criticized NPR’s coverage of Russiagate, the COVID lab leak theory, Hunter Biden’s scandalous laptop, embrace of the theory of systemic racism and accused the organization of downplaying antisemitism following Oct. 7.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/npr-suspends-veteran-editor-who-blew-whistle-liberal-bias-organization
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Do whistleblower laws apply?

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Do whistleblower laws apply?

5-day unpaid vacation...slap on the wrist!  They're afraid to fire him outright now, but when he comes back, they'll just assign him to a broom closet and stick him on the obituary beat.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
5-day unpaid vacation...slap on the wrist!  They're afraid to fire him outright now, but when he comes back, they'll just assign him to a broom closet and stick him on the obituary beat.

Hope he takes his red swingline stapler with him to his new office.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

Christopher F. Rufo ⚔️
@realchrisrufo
NPR has hired a left-wing activist who openly endorses censoring, deplatforming, and punching political opponents. She considers the First Amendment the "number one challenge" to controlling "bad information."
The American people should not be paying for this. She must resign.
10:35 AM · Apr 17, 2024

Uri Berliner has resigned:

https://twitter.com/uberliner/status/1780610524411048183

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
The new commie CEO of NPR made his point for him.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republican Senator Moves to Make NPR's Worst Nightmare Come True
 By Johnathan Jones  April 17, 2024 at 9:20am

Republican Sen. Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee is planning to propose legislation that would pull funding for NPR as the agency grapples with the backlash against its far-left bias.

The media organization that relies partially on public funds to operate has faced scrutiny in recent weeks since a veteran editor admitted NPR is biased against conservatives.

Meanwhile, NPR’s new CEO Katherine Maher is also under fire over old social media posts that demonstrate she has been a longtime far-left activist.

Blackburn, who spoke to Fox News on Wednesday, plans to cut off any government funding to the far-left organization, she said.

In a statement, Blackburn called out NPR.

“The mainstream media has become obsessed with doing the left’s bidding and taking down strong conservatives — and NPR has led the pack,” she told Fox News.

more
https://www.westernjournal.com/republican-senator-moves-make-nprs-worst-nightmare-come-true/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

If NPR is so great,then let it compete in the marketplace

Would liberals be OK if tax dollars were used to fund Fox News? Or the Rush Limbaugh show when he was alive

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
If NPR is so great,then let it compete in the marketplace

Would liberals be OK if tax dollars were used to fund Fox News? Or the Rush Limbaugh show when he was alive

Marsha Blackburn can KMA.

Where the hell was ANYBODY for the past decade when all the masks were off the opposition?

You'd think it was an election year or something. {spit}
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

Marsha Blackburn can KMA.

Where the hell was ANYBODY for the past decade when all the masks were off the opposition?

You'd think it was an election year or something. {spit}

When I was in college, I would catch NPR on my way to school in the morning. Even then, I understood they had a left leaning  slant. This was late 1980’s/early 1990’s

This was the same NPR were then Nina Totenburg stated that it would be justice if then Senator Jesse Helms or his grandkids got AIDS

This is the same NPR that fired Juan Williams for simply admitting that he would be nervous after 911 getting on an airplane were there was a group of Muslims flying

Barry Goldwater

Online mountaineer

We don't need NPR or PBS. Defund both.