Author Topic: Coast Guard intercepts 101 US-bound migrants in boats on the high seas, then sends them back home  (Read 138 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Coast Guard intercepts 101 US-bound migrants in boats on the high seas, then sends them back home
By Social Links forJorge Fitz-Gibbon
Published April 9, 2024, 2:11 p.m. ET

The US Coast Guard shipped 101 migrants back to the Dominican Republic after nabbing them on the high seas as they tried to make their way to American soil over the weekend, officials said Tuesday.

The Coast Guard Cutter Joseph Texanos sent the sea-borne migrants packing on Monday after intercepting three different crafts loaded with the scofflaws, according to a press release.

“The Coast Guard works daily with our local, federal and Dominican Republic Navy partners in our shared and unwavering resolve to stop unlawful maritime migration voyages in the Mona Passage,” San Jose Sector Commander Gerard Wenk said in a statement.

“These voyages are extremely dangerous since they most often take place aboard grossly overloaded vessels that are unseaworthy and continuously take on water,” Wenk said. “These conditions, along with unpredictable weather patterns in the Mona Passage, could cause a vessel to capsize without notice resulting in loss of life. Don’t take to the sea.”

https://nypost.com/2024/04/09/us-news/coast-guard-intercepts-101-us-bound-migrants-in-boats-on-the-high-seas-then-sends-them-back-home/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Is the CG required to give them first class airfare back as a nice gesture for their arduous trip? :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson