Author Topic: Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene says she ‘will not tolerate’ Speaker Johnson ‘helping’ Dems as motion to  (Read 329 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene says she ‘will not tolerate’ Speaker Johnson ‘helping’ Dems as motion to vacate looms
By Social Links for Josh Christenson
Published April 9, 2024, 1:29 p.m. ET

Far-right Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene warned her congressional colleagues Tuesday she would move to oust House Speaker Mike Johnson should Congress pass military aid for Ukraine but hold off on approving conservative priorities like US border enforcement.

“I will not tolerate our elected Republican Speaker Mike Johnson serving the Democrats and the Biden administration and helping them achieve their policies that are destroying our country,” Greene (R-Ga.) wrote in a scathing “Dear Colleague” letter, a copy of which was obtained by The Post, explaining her threat to remove Johnson (R-La.) over an additional $60 billion in Ukraine funding.

“This has been a complete and total surrender to, if not complete and total lockstep with, the Democrats’ agenda that has angered our Republican base so much and given them very little reason to vote for a Republican House majority,” Greene added.

The rabble-rouser also accused Johnson of “throwing our own razor-thin majority into chaos by not serving his own GOP conference that elected him” — as her own threat to oust him hangs in the balance.

more
https://nypost.com/2024/04/09/us-news/rep-marjorie-taylor-greene-says-she-will-not-tolerate-speaker-johnson-as-motion-to-vacate-looms/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
A majority of House members are not conservatives, and the Speaker cannot simply wish into existence that conservative House majority.  He has to deal with the realities of the voting blocs within the House.  MTG demanding that he act to the contrary is simply unreasonable.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
A majority of House members are not conservatives, and the Speaker cannot simply wish into existence that conservative House majority.  He has to deal with the realities of the voting blocs within the House.  MTG demanding that he act to the contrary is simply unreasonable.
Perfectly reasonable. Someone has to be the conscience of the House, or the GOP will forget why it is there. Without someone holding up a goalpost, there is no goal.

The members will vote how they will, but at least there is a bar for them to slither under, even if they don't have to work hard to do it. If those in the GOP don't stand for something, maybe we should just consider generic congresspersons instead of mess with parties and brands and all that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I've got no problems with Ms. Taylor Greene.
You go, girl !!

Online libertybele

I've got no problems with Ms. Taylor Greene.
You go, girl !!

Agreed!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.