Author Topic: Gas Prices Hit Six-Month High, Spiking More than 50% Under Joe Biden  (Read 214 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gas Prices Hit Six-Month High, Spiking More than 50% Under Joe Biden

Wendell Husebø 9 Apr 2024

The nationwide average price for regular gas hit a reported six-month high of $3.60 a gallon on Tuesday, spiking more than 50 percent under President Joe Biden.

In the past month, gas prices rose more than 20 cents. They are over a dollar more expensive ($2.38) than when Trump left office.

Gas prices remain high and could go higher due to industry and political factors. Biden’s economic war on American energy independence during instability in the Middle East and in Ukraine are significant factors.

According to Goldman Sachs, gas prices could reach $4 by May, but “don’t be too surprised if you see $5 a gallon or more at the gas pump — if you’re not paying that much already,” Charley Blaine from the Street wrote Monday.

Forbes outlined the reasons why gas prices continue to rise:

The rise in prices coincides with several factors, including “extensive refinery maintenance” on the West Coast, as well as the transition to more expensive summer fuel blends, rising gasoline demand and high oil prices, according to Patrick De Haan, head petroleum expert at GasBuddy.

In the past month, the West Texas Intermediate—a national crude oil benchmark—has jumped just shy of 10% to $85 per barrel, a six-month high, while the international benchmark Brent Crude Oil has climbed nearly 10% in that time to a six-month high just below $90.

De Haan also attributes the spike to recent production cuts by OPEC producers Russia and Saudi Arabia, as well as lingering “geopolitical escalations in the Middle East,” though he added a potential cease-fire between Israel and Hamas could provide a “glimmer of hope” amid surging oil prices.

Drivers in the Golden State are already paying north of $5.50 a gallon for gas. “I can’t afford gas,” driver Jacob Luis told CBS News.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/04/09/gas-prices-hit-six-month-high-spiking-more-than-50-under-joe-biden/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Gas Prices Hit Six-Month High, Spiking More than 50% Under Joe Biden
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2024, 06:21:38 pm »
But WAIT! There's MORE!

Remember, kiddies, that when motor fuel prices go up, so does the cost of everything transported using those fuels...which is everything!

Enjoy that inflation, courtesy of Joe Biden!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2024, 06:26:56 pm »
But WAIT! There's MORE!

Remember, kiddies, that when motor fuel prices go up, so does the cost of everything transported using those fuels...which is everything!

???  What?  I thought that the economy was actually doing very well and that the low income households are doing poorly.  *****rollingeyes*****

Biden’s economic war on American energy independence during instability in the Middle East and in Ukraine are significant factors.

Who would've thought? /s
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 06:28:34 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2024, 06:30:01 pm »
But WAIT! There's MORE!

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien