Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS Crumbley sentencing: Parents of Michigan school shooter Jennifer and James get 15 year  (Read 1563 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Daily Mail
By  WILL POTTER
9 April 2024
  • James and Jennifer Crumbley have each been sentenced to up to 15 years for their role in their son's school shooting
  • The school shooter parents were forced to listen to devastating victim impact statements from the parents of their son's victims
  • Their son Ethan is serving life without parole after murdering four classmates in 2021 when he was 15-year-old
(more)
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13288081/ethan-crumbley-parents-oxford-school-shooting-sentencing.html
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online banddag

The parents were idiots. The school counselor called the mom and said her son was talking about killing people at the school with a gun. The mom blew it off. Should have locked up the guns right there.
School was at fault also. Should have booted him out and got the police involved and put him in therapy at a mental hospital.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 05:18:10 pm by banddag »

Online roamer_1

The parents were idiots. The school counselor called the mom and said her son was talking about killing people at the school with a gun. The mom blew it off. Should have locked up the guns right there.
School was at fault also. Should have booted him out and got the police involved and put him in therapy at a mental hospital.

Really?
That's. the silliest bullshit I've heard around here in a long time. Unless it can be proven the parents encouraged their child's actions, or colluded in some way, their guilt in any way is highly questionable.

This is not mere pre-crime nonsense. this is pre-crime once-removed.

Online banddag

Really?
That's. the silliest bullshit I've heard around here in a long time. Unless it can be proven the parents encouraged their child's actions, or colluded in some way, their guilt in any way is highly questionable.

Dad bought the son a gun 4 days before the shooting. The school notified the parents the day before the shooting he did drawing of killing fellow students and did research on his school computer on how to do a school shooting. He wrote in his journal the firsts student he was going to kill was  pretty girl. The school called in both parents and had a meeting the day before the shooting.. The mom refused to take her son out of the school and did not send her son in for mental help as the school requested and did not take away his gun.

I know if the school called me and told me what my son was doing I would lock up and hide the guns.

The school is also at fault. They should have called the police and had the kid arrested and sent away.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 06:01:47 pm by banddag »

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
This is a precedent which will affect future cases, and may affect past trails.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Really?

This is not mere pre-crime nonsense. this is pre-crime once-removed.
Right. How many times has a kid said "I'll kill that so and so"? Now every kid is supposed to be locked down on the off chance they actually will? I'm with @roamer_1 on this.

If the parents did not know of a specific threat and intent to do harm, or didn't encourage harmful action, how are they guilty? ...of a crime they were not participants in, at a location removed from their physical presence? People act as if the parents wanted this to happen, and it happened to their child (life without parole) too. If they had any inkling that this would be the outcome of that day, does anyone think they would not have acted differently? Had they any serious sense that their child was going to commit acts of violence, doesn't it stand to reason that they would have done what they could to prevent it?

Nope, this was a case for civil courts, if to be tried at all, not something that should have been a criminal case.

Now consider, the precedent (if allowed to stand) has been set that you could be responsible for the actions of another person, who, without your knowledge, and without your consent or approval, used your tools/firearms/vehicle etc or tools/firearms/vehicles etc. you obtained for them or helped them obtain in the commission of a Felony and could face prison time.

That is some seriously dangerous distortion of American Jurisprudence.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Right. How many times has a kid said "I'll kill that so and so"? Now every kid is supposed to be locked down on the off chance they actually will? I'm with @roamer_1 on this.

If the parents did not know of a specific threat and intent to do harm, or didn't encourage harmful action, how are they guilty? ...of a crime they were not participants in, at a location removed from their physical presence? People act as if the parents wanted this to happen, and it happened to their child (life without parole) too. If they had any inkling that this would be the outcome of that day, does anyone think they would not have acted differently? Had they any serious sense that their child was going to commit acts of violence, doesn't it stand to reason that they would have done what they could to prevent it?

Nope, this was a case for civil courts, if to be tried at all, not something that should have been a criminal case.

Now consider, the precedent (if allowed to stand) has been set that you could be responsible for the actions of another person, who, without your knowledge, and without your consent or approval, used your tools/firearms/vehicle etc or tools/firearms/vehicles etc. you obtained for them or helped them obtain in the commission of a Felony and could face prison time.

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

Dad bought the son a gun 4 days before the shooting.

So what? By that time in my life I had four or five guns, several of which were in my pickup, which I'd been driving since age 14.

The school notified the parents the day before the shooting he did drawing of killing fellow students and did research on his school computer on how to do a school shooting. He wrote in his journal the firsts student he was going to kill was  pretty girl. The school called in both parents and had a meeting the day before the shooting.. The mom refused to take her son out of the school and did not send her son in for mental help as the school requested and did not take away his gun.

A day and a half... Hardly time enough to resolve a problem child. Why didn't the school immediately suspend him? That is within their power. It seems the threat level wasn't detected all the way around. How is it that the parents get to pack the weight?

This is bullshit.

I know if the school called me and told me what my son was doing I would lock up and hide the guns.

I likely would not. I would not think my son capable of that. Intrinsically.

The school is also at fault. They should have called the police and had the kid arrested and sent away.

No. the SHOOTER is at fault. The school is liable alright, for not providing a defense.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 06:26:33 pm by roamer_1 »

Online roamer_1

That's right.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
James had his communications cut off from anyone besides his legal team during his trial after he made a series of 'threatening' jail house calls, including saying the prosecutors would face 'retribution.'

At James' trial, jurors heard that he bought his son the Sig Sauer 9mm firearm used in the shooting at a Black Friday sale four days before the school shooting, and Jennifer took him to the gun range the day after the purchase.

James failed to properly secure the gun, keeping it only in a lock box that Ethan easily opened on the day of the shooting. His trial also heard that he kept other guns locked only with the code '000.' 

James and Jennifer were brought into school to discuss the drawings, but both said they were 'too busy' to take him home and went back to work. Less than two hours later, Ethan opened fire.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 06:41:59 pm by 240B »

Online rustynail

This is a precedent which will affect future cases, and may affect past trails.

If parents are responsible for 'gun violence' why not the gun makers?  Some will say.

Online banddag

Saying "I'll kill that so and so" out of jest or in the heat of the moment is way different than saying "I'll kill that so and so" while also looking up on a computer on how to actually kill someone.  Spouses talk about killing each other all the time. Looking up on the computer how to poison your spouse means something and if your wife was going that you would take it seriously.

The parents at a minimum should have locked up the guns so the son could not get them especially after what they learned from the school. They are at fault just as if I gave my car keys to some one I knew was drunk and they ent out and killed someone with my car.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
James had his communications cut off from anyone besides his legal team during his trial after he made a series of 'threatening' jail house calls, including saying the prosecutors would face 'retribution.'

At James' trial, jurors heard that he bought his son the Sig Sauer 9mm firearm used in the shooting at a Black Friday sale four days before the school shooting, and Jennifer took him to the gun range the day after the purchase.

James failed to properly secure the gun, keeping it only in a lock box that Ethan easily opened on the day of the shooting. His trial also heard that he kept other guns locked only with the code '000.' 

James and Jennifer were brought into school to discuss the drawings, but both said they were 'too busy' to take him home and went back to work. Less than two hours later, Ethan opened fire.

As soon as the teacher saw that the cops should have been called.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
You had to watch the trial to know all the evidence...The son begged his parents on numerous occasions to get him some help...to see a doctor..his mother told him to *suck it up*...that is just one piece of evidence...These parents along with the school and of course the shooter are all guilty in mho.

Both parents lied under oath saying they didn't think anything was wrong with him...his texts to his parents proved otherwise....the kid was crying for help and he was ignored at home and school...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online roamer_1

It took a whole day later? I'd have been out back poppin rounds within the hour. Big deal.

James failed to properly secure the gun, keeping it only in a lock box that Ethan easily opened on
the day of the shooting. His trial also heard that he kept other guns locked only with the code '000.' 

I raised four kids up in a house full of loaded guns, and nary a lockbox in sight... Same as my daddy's house before me, and the same as pretty much every house I know.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
As soon as the teacher saw that the cops should have been called.

Exactly...but they didn't... :crying:
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
It took a whole day later? I'd have been out back poppin rounds within the hour. Big deal.

I raised four kids up in a house full of loaded guns, and nary a lockbox in sight... Same as my daddy's house before me, and the same as pretty much every house I know.

But your kids were not mentally ill...this kid is/was.
Support the USO

Online roamer_1

You had to watch the trial to know all the evidence...The son begged his parents on numerous occasions to get him some help...to see a doctor..his mother told him to *suck it up*...that is just one piece of evidence...These parents along with the school and of course the shooter are all guilty in mho.

Both parents lied under oath saying they didn't think anything was wrong with him...his texts to his parents proved otherwise....the kid was crying for help and he was ignored at home and school...

No. the fault is his. This idea of laying blame off on others is terrible and dangerous.

Online roamer_1

But your kids were not mentally ill...this kid is/was.

I don't know that I'd go that far. Mental illness is part of the teen years in many if not every case. My own decision making was not to be considered mature till after my twenties.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Exactly...but they didn't... :crying:

And THEY should be held accountable! I'll bet the cops could have gotten mom and dad's attention!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 07:02:37 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
No. the fault is his. This idea of laying blame off on others is terrible and dangerous.

This is true It was his fault.....What about the bartender who continues to serve a customer who is obviously intoxicated and lets him get into his car and drives away and crashes his car into another...an attorney on FOX brought up that scenario as basically the same liability.

Support the USO

Online libertybele

I did not watch the trial, but if the child was crying for help and they did nothing, then they are indeed guilty.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 08:29:16 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

This is true It was his fault.....What about the bartender who continues to serve a customer who is obviously intoxicated and lets him get into his car and drives away and crashes his car into another...an attorney on FOX brought up that scenario as basically the same liability.

In both cases the fault is upon the doer. You won't like where it goes otherwise.
I have never been a fan of 'blame the bartender'.
An horrible idea.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
In both cases the fault is upon the doer. You won't like where it goes otherwise.
I have never been a fan of 'blame the bartender'.
An horrible idea.

Why can't fifteen-year-old girls consent to having sex?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

Why can't fifteen-year-old girls consent to having sex?

They can, nowadays.