Author Topic: How We Got to 'Death to America' in Dearborn (Hint: There's an Obama Connection)  (Read 133 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How We Got to 'Death to America' in Dearborn (Hint: There's an Obama Connection)
Stephen Green

"G*d d*mn America!" was the first and only serious crisis of Barack Obama's ascension to the Democrats' presidential nomination in 2008. Obama's longtime pastor, Jeremiah Wright of Chicago's Trinity United Church of Christ, said those words repeatedly in an infamous videotaped sermon. In an earlier age, a presidential contender sitting still and keeping his mouth shut during years of sermons like Wright's would have torpedoed Obama's presidential ambitions.

Anyone from the early GenX cohort and older thought there was a non-zero chance Obama might be toast. Anyone younger — largely denied the Civics classes prior generations were raised on and spoonfed "America is bad, mmkay?" lessons — knew better.

Obama performed his usual handwavium in a speech titled "A More Perfect Union" about how Wright's words were "not only wrong but divisive... at a time when we need unity." I guess we didn't need unity when Obama was sitting there as Wright was speaking his divisive words. Still, we did need unity as soon as Obama found it politically necessary to denounce his longtime pastor.

I would say, "That was a real profile in courage there, Barry," but that would just be me being snide. If I were to be more serious, I'd remind you that Obama was steeped in Marx and Engels' grievance theory.

more
https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2024/04/08/how-we-got-death-america-obama-connection-n4927984
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34