Author Topic: Why Biden will lose: $20 for 6 oranges  (Read 610 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why Biden will lose: $20 for 6 oranges
« on: April 09, 2024, 03:27:10 pm »
April 9, 2024
Why Biden will lose: $20 for 6 oranges
By M.B. Mathews

I was shocked and angry when my favorite ultra-sweet Sumo oranges at Publix clocked in at a whopping $20 for 6 oranges. I can afford this. Many, probably most in America, cannot or simply won’t buy them. Gas is up from $2.26 to $4.50 a gallon under Biden.

Even my car wash place jumped from $19 per wash to $29 per wash. That’s a huge jump in one month. I won’t even mention the price of Alaskan King Crab or Rack of Lamb. Okay, so these are semi-luxury items, but what about the non-luxury necessities so many American families need to cover? Baby food, diapers, food, gas, rent, electricity, phone bills, doctor bills, dental bills; how does the average family afford the sky-high prices at all?

Hard workers of both political parties are deciding for whom to vote in November. If they are savvy, they will send Sniffer Joe packing and reinstall Trump, under whose watch the average gas high was $2.81. Under Biden, it’s $4.06. Joe says inflation is coming down. Right. Like the border is closed?

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2024/04/why_biden_will_lose_20_for_6_oranges.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: Why Biden will lose: $20 for 6 oranges
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2024, 04:14:23 pm »
Sumo oranges? To go with his Wagyu beef, I presume.
C'mon, man! Those of us living in Reality Land are waiting until Kroger offers a coupon on a bag of regular ol' navel oranges.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2024, 04:20:52 pm »
Sumo oranges are a seedless tangerine-orange hybrid that is extremely popular in Japan, where it is called the Dekopon. Apparently in Japan they sell for as much $8 a piece. The American variety is grown in California where it is called the Sumo because of its distinctive "top-knot".
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2024, 05:13:50 pm »
C'mon, man! Those of us living in Reality Land are waiting until Kroger offers a coupon on a bag of regular ol' navel oranges.

That's right... and the last three or four times, they've gone wanting on my list. What was there didn't look worth buying.

Online LMAO

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2024, 05:16:50 pm »
I didn’t know there was such a thing as sumo oranges

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2024, 05:21:54 pm »
I've had the Sumo oranges and they're actually quite good.
Couldn't find decent navel oranges for quite some time, dry, tasteless, etc. so tried a few instead.
Pricey? You bet. But as a treat vs. dry oranges they were danged good.
Seems the oranges now are quite good, so the Sumos are staying put in the store, for now.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2024, 05:23:55 pm »

:yowsa:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online LMAO

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2024, 06:28:05 pm »
OK, I’m convinced now to give sumo oranges a try
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2024, 07:36:23 pm »
I have no doubt they're tasty. Tasty enough to spend a small fortune to buy? Not for me - but if someone else wants to, that's okay.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2024, 11:09:37 pm »

Oranges!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.