Author Topic: Greene lays out list of grievances against Speaker Johnson amid ouster threat  (Read 270 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Greene lays out list of grievances against Speaker Johnson amid ouster threat
by Mychael Schnell - 04/09/24 8:00 AM ET

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) is heaping a fresh set of criticism on Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) as the House prepares to reconvene on Tuesday, laying out a list of grievances against the Louisiana Republican in explaining her decision to file a motion to oust him.

In a five-page letter sent to colleagues on Tuesday, Greene — who is threatening to force a vote on removing Johnson’s gavel — laid into the Speaker for a litany of reasons, including his handling of government funding and his plan to move on Ukraine aid, arguing that he is not properly serving the GOP conference.

“I will not tolerate our elected Republican Speaker Mike Johnson serving the Democrats and the Biden administration and helping them achieve their policies that are destroying our country,” Greene said. “He is throwing our own razor-thin majority into chaos by not serving his own GOP conference that elected him.”

“With so much at stake for our future and the future of our children, I will not tolerate this type of Republican ‘leadership,’” she later added. “This has been a complete and total surrender to, if not complete and total lockstep with, the Democrats’ agenda that has angered our Republican base so much and given them very little reason to vote for a Republican House majority.”

Greene quoted the seven “key priorities” Johnson laid out when running for the Speakership in October — restore trust, advance a comprehensive policy agenda, promote individual members, engage members, effectively message, build and utilize external coalitions, develop and grow our majority — before slamming him for, in her eyes, not following through on any of them.

“Mike Johnson has unfortunately not lived up to a single one of his self-imposed tenets,” Greene wrote.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/4581878-marjorie-taylor-greene-mike-johnson-letter/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ken Buck: ‘Moscow Marjorie’ Taylor Greene Only Cares About Social Media

Former Rep. Ken Buck (R-CO) said Monday on CNN’s “OutFront” that Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) is “always focused on her social media account.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/04/08/ken-buck-moscow-marjorie-taylor-greene-only-cares-about-social-media/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Ken Buck: ‘Moscow Marjorie’ Taylor Greene Only Cares About Social Media

Former Rep. Ken Buck (R-CO) said Monday on CNN’s “OutFront” that Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) is “always focused on her social media account.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/04/08/ken-buck-moscow-marjorie-taylor-greene-only-cares-about-social-media/

I sure don't see it that way.  She's trying to retain some sort of conservatism amongst those in the GOP and hold RINO's accountable for their actions.

It is unfortunate that the GOP majority has dwindled, but I don't see that as her fault.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
So let me see if I have this right.  She says:

“I will not tolerate our elected Republican Speaker Mike Johnson serving the Democrats and the Biden administration and helping them achieve their policies that are destroying our country,” Greene said. “He is throwing our own razor-thin majority into chaos by not serving his own GOP conference that elected him.”

And she's going to stand up for that Republican conference and against Democrats by filing a motion that would be opposed by the vast majority of those same Republican conference members, and supported by the vast majority of Democrats and the Biden Administration.

So whose interests is she actually advancing with this virtue-signalling when the likely results is the opposite of what she claims?

I don't care about her professed intentions and goal, or what she is allegedly "trying to do".  I care about the likely results because that's the only thing that truly matters, and because the likely results are better evidence of her actual intent than her own self-serving statements.

Someone who claims they are trying to do something while the actual and very predictable results will be the exact opposite is a pan-faced liar.  Especially after Gaetz said that he does not support the motion because he is personally aware of enough Republicans who would vote for Jeffries as Speaker rather than go through continued disruption.

Which means MTG is pushing this motion despite knowing that the result will be the election of Hakeem Jeffries as Speaker of the House.  And what kind of true conservative actually supports that?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 02:54:25 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Airing of grievances? What is this, a congressional Festivus celebration.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.