Author Topic: Yellen on if Inflation Will Hit 2% This Year: It’ll Fall, ‘Can’ ‘Get Into the Twos’  (Read 542 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Yellen on if Inflation Will Hit 2% This Year: It’ll Fall, ‘Can’ ‘Get Into the Twos’

Ian Hanchett 8 Apr 2024

During an interview with CNBC released on Monday, Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen responded to a question on whether she is confident that inflation will hit the target rate of 2% by stating that she expects that inflation “will continue to come down over time.” And “we can certainly get into the twos.” Yellen also stated that “we’ve had generally good news on inflation.”

CNBC host Sara Eisen asked, “You’re still confident we can get to 2% this year? We’ve seen a little bit of a flare-up so far this year.”

Yellen responded, “Well, I think it will continue to come down over time. That’s my expectation, and, I’m hopeful that we — we can certainly get into the twos.”

Eisen then asked, “And recovery stays intact with or without Fed rate cuts?”

Yellen answered, “So, I’m not going to make a forecast on Fed rate cuts. The Fed has indicated that they want to make sure that inflation’s really coming down and that they’re obviously considering rate cuts that would be appropriate when they reach that judgment. And we’ve had generally good news on inflation. Let’s look at the data, I believe inflation will continue to come down.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/04/08/yellen-on-if-inflation-will-hit-2-this-year-itll-fall-can-get-into-the-twos/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Yellen: There’s ‘More Distress’ in Low-Income Households, But Households ‘Generally’ in ‘Very Good’ Shape

During an interview with CNBC released on Monday, Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said that “Some low-income consumers are perhaps exhausting their buffers of saving that they built up during the pandemic, we’re seeing a little bit more distress at the household level there.” But despite that, “we’ve got a good, strong economy” with “very strong domestic demand” that is “on a solid track” and “generally, households are in very good financial shape.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/04/08/yellen-theres-more-distress-in-low-income-households-but-households-generally-in-very-good-shape/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

So...wallets are shrinking in only  low income households - got it.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online rustynail

'But Households(of Government Workers) ‘Generally’ in ‘Very Good’ Shape'

Offline LMAO

Yellen: There’s ‘More Distress’ in Low-Income Households, But Households ‘Generally’ in ‘Very Good’ Shape

During an interview with CNBC released on Monday, Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said that “Some low-income consumers are perhaps exhausting their buffers of saving that they built up during the pandemic, we’re seeing a little bit more distress at the household level there.” But despite that, “we’ve got a good, strong economy” with “very strong domestic demand” that is “on a solid track” and “generally, households are in very good financial shape.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/04/08/yellen-theres-more-distress-in-low-income-households-but-households-generally-in-very-good-shape/

Wow

Of course Inflation is harder on lower income people than it is on people with higher income

Is she a DEI hire?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
With an IQ like hers it's a wonder she doesn't need to be watered twice a day.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Not a DEI hire. Yellen is a ditzy senile old woman who was hired because the Biden Administration wanted someone from the 1800s to make Biden feel at home. She knows as much about 'economics' as AOC knows about being a barmaid.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline LMAO

She’s a female version of Paul Krugman

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
She’s a female version of Paul Krugman

Paul is prettier though. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Not a DEI hire. Yellen is a ditzy senile old woman who was hired because the Biden Administration wanted someone from the 1800s to make Biden feel at home. She knows as much about 'economics' as AOC knows about being a barmaid.
She is an honest to God real life Aunt Clara who responds to questions with that same frozen brain look that Biden gets.

Online mountaineer

source: Twitter @jackikotkiewicz
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org