Author Topic: Ocasio-Cortez: Biden Loan Plan Gives Beneficiaries ‘Hope’ They Can ‘Travel Abroad’  (Read 411 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
OMG

Ocasio-Cortez: Biden Loan Plan Gives Beneficiaries ‘Hope’ They Can ‘Travel Abroad’

Ian Hanchett 9 Apr 2024

On Monday’s broadcast of CBS’s “Late Show,” Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) stated that the student loan plan announced by President Joe Biden earlier in the day is “hope” for those who benefit from the plan to be able to do different things, including traveling abroad.

Ocasio-Cortez said, “Actually, I’m going to be one of the few” that doesn’t get any benefits from the program, “I’m a member of Congress. I’m a little bit outside the threshold and bounds. But, if I wasn’t, just a few years ago, waitress me, five years ago, would have benefited from it. Congresswoman me will not, but that’s okay. I’ll take the knock if it means that people can get relief.”

She continued, “And this is huge, this is — people getting the student loan forgiveness, their student loans canceled, it means that it’s hope to buy a house or have a kid or travel abroad or maybe even go back to school and pursue a career that maybe they otherwise wouldn’t have. One of the reasons that’s not me now is because I didn’t feel like I’d be able to afford medical school. And so, hopefully, someone else who’s at an ISEF competition somewhere will be able to do that because of this.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/04/09/ocasio-cortez-biden-loan-plan-gives-beneficiaries-hope-they-can-travel-abroad/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

There must be a requirement in the Democratic Party that, to remain in good standing, you have to make nonsensical comments
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
90 percent of these idiots will never be able to own a home because they have a proven history of bad choices and ignoring their financial responsibilities.

Offline berdie

I haven't seen this...but if these loans are forgiven shouldn't they be taxable?

Online mountaineer

I'm so glad I'm paying for some immature nitwit's European vacation.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

I'm so glad I'm paying for some immature nitwit's European vacation.

My thought as well - heck, I can't even remember the last vacation we took, it's been quite awhile ago.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
One of the reasons that’s not me now is because I didn’t feel like I’d be able to afford medical school.

Dr. AOC.  Bet she would have some good bedside manor. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

Dr. AOC.  Bet she would have some good bedside manor.

....that one gave me a chuckle... :laughingdog:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
This is straight out of the Bernie Sanders playbook.

Bernie hate rich people and thinks they can afford to pay for everyone's college.

But he didn't see where John Stossle was able to show how college got real freaking expensive when student loans got real freaking plentiful.

I know a young man who graduated from KU with about 60K in debt.  He found a way to get it all repayed through the armed services. 

While he was at KU he was eating out every night and having a real ball.  I can recall him talking about it. 

Just crazy.  And this was before it got bad.

AOC does not have an original thought in her tiny little mind. 

This comes from the jealous class.  Pure and simple. 

If she'd promise to travel abroad for say, ten years, I'd pitch in for her ticket.