Author Topic: Texas proves DEI programs aren't just wasteful – they've failed. Focus on merit instead.  (Read 171 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Texas proves DEI programs aren't just wasteful – they've failed. Focus on merit instead.
Opinion by Nicole Russell, USA TODAY • 18h •

Anti-discrimination laws have been around for decades. For the most part, they’re effective. 

But diversity, equity and inclusion policies – in companies, organizations and institutions of higher learning – are anti-discrimination laws on steroids. We can see that in Texas. 

Texas A&M University had an annual DEI budget of $11 million. From 2015 to 2020, the number of Black Aggies who “agreed” or “strongly agreed” that they “belonged” at Texas A&M had dropped about 30%, according to the Claremont Institute’s Center for the American Way of Life, a conservative think tank.

Start the day smarter. Get all the news you need in your inbox each morning.

DEI-based programs across the country purport to exist to address mostly racial and gender inequalities, but they’re often ineffective at colleges and universities, and even harmful in corporate America, where these students go next.

Texas leaders realize what others don't: DEI programs are wasteful 
This is playing out in Texas now at the University of Texas (UT), which just laid off at least 60 employees who worked in diversity, equity and inclusion-related positions, according to the Austin American-Statesman, part of the USA TODAY Network.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/careers/texas-proves-dei-programs-aren-t-just-wasteful-they-ve-failed-focus-on-merit-instead/ar-BB1lfG0U?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=d99b1ca2615b4dfb9c3bdfc1f397b4e4&ei=79
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson