Author Topic: Man arrested for setting fire at Sen. Bernie Sanders’ office; motive remains unclear  (Read 472 times)

Online mountaineer

Man arrested for setting fire at Sen. Bernie Sanders’ office; motive remains unclear
Updated 2:02 PM EDT, April 7, 2024

BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) — A man was charged Sunday with setting a fire outside the Vermont office of U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders, federal prosecutors said.

Shant Soghomonian, 35, who was previously of Northridge, California, entered the building on Friday and went to Sanders’ third-floor office where security video showed him spraying a liquid on the door and setting it afire, officials said.

The building’s interior suffered some damage from the fire and sprinklers that doused the area with water, but no one was hurt. Sanders, an independent, was not in the office at the time.

Soghomonian was arrested Sunday on a charge of using fire to damage a building used in interstate commerce, according to a statement from Nikolas Kerest, the U.S. attorney for Vermont.  ...
Associated Press

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Guess he was feeling the Bern!!! :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
We shan't ever know.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

Guess he was feeling the Bern!!! :cool:

I guess so!   :silly:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline berdie

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Decent fire, looks like it managed to burn through the bottom of the door and the firefighters knocked holes in the wall surrounding the door to put out the wall.

I get the feeling the suspect does not fit the narrative the MSM wants to report much about.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....