Author Topic: The Marine Corps Inspected Every Single Barracks. It Was As Bad As They Feared  (Read 320 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Marine Corps Inspected Every Single Barracks. It Was As Bad As They Feared

MICAELA BURROW
INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER, DEFENSE
April 06, 2024

The Marine Corps’ service-wide inspection that ended March 15 found that many Marines are living in “uninhabitable” conditions, but the path to fixing a decades-old problem will not be easy, according to Marines who spoke to the Daily Caller News Foundation.

In February, Marine Corps acting Commandant Gen. Christopher Mahoney issued guidance for installation commanders to conduct “wall-to-wall” inspections of conditions at all housing facilities for single Marines by March 15. While a final assessment of the barracks is not yet ready, initial results of the investigation, which spanned 60,000 rooms at 25 installations across the globe, show that some Marines are living in filthy, cramped quarters, often with broken appliances and lack of privacy — “consistent” with the findings of a watchdog report released in September, the service confirmed to the DCNF.

“The inspections also took a holistic approach to inventory all barracks-related issues,” Marine Corps Installations Command spokesperson Maj. John Parry told the DCNF. “The inspection was most importantly meant to ensure Marines live in facilities that meet required health and safety policy. Immediate concerns for health and safety were addressed as part of the inspection.”

https://dailycaller.com/2024/04/06/the-marine-corps-inspected-every-single-barracks-it-was-as-bad-as-they-feared/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Our government must be proud they would never allow illegal "newcomers" to live in such deplorable conditions.  No siree!  They live in 5 star hotels. :im waiting:
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 03:42:17 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
And the millions they spent on changing the base names to appease BLM.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus