Author Topic: Drone Found in Black Sea is American Boat with Massive Soviet Warhead  (Read 119 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
  Drone Found in Black Sea is American Boat with Massive Soviet Warhead

Sea Drone Found In Black Sea Is American Boat With Massive Soviet Warhead

A mysterious maritime drone (USV) has been discovered in the Black Sea. The capsized vessel marries a U.S. built hull with a Soviet-era Russian warhead. At around 500 kg (1,100 lb), the warhead is more than twice the size of that on a Harpoon or Neptune missile.
H I Sutton  08 Apr 2024

An unusual maritime drone was discovered floating upside down in Romanian waters on April 3 2024. The new type of uncrewed surface vessel (USV) was actually based on an American built rescue boat, modified as a drone. It was equipped with a large warhead indicating that it was designed to hit ships or other naval targets.

Romanian forces reportedly destroyed the boat in a controlled explosion on April 5. The events were not publicized initially and few details were revealed when it was later shared in local media. However an analysis of the vessel answers the questions of what it is, yet raises new questions.

The USV uses an AM-800 aluminum-hull rigid inflatable boat (RIB). This is produced by Silver Ships in Alabama, United States. The boat is designed for fire rescue and the original red finish is still visible on the lower hull and inflatable collar.

https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/2024/04/sea-drone-found-in-black-sea-is-american-boat-with-massive-soviet-warhead/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson