Author Topic: Navy cancels ship briefings after damning internal report  (Read 122 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy cancels ship briefings after damning internal report
« on: April 08, 2024, 03:20:50 pm »
Navy cancels ship briefings after damning internal report
As China’s fleet grows, the U.S. is struggling with fresh delays in building new subs and warships.

By PAUL MCLEARY, CONNOR O’BRIEN and LEE HUDSON

04/07/2024 07:00 AM EDT

As the Navy’s largest U.S. trade show gets underway on Monday, officers in charge of the service’s marquee shipbuilding programs won’t offer the usual briefings with reporters and analysts about them.

That break from the tradition of sharing program updates at the Navy’s Sea-Air-Space Exposition comes just days after the Navy announced that four of its most critical shipbuilding programs are years behind schedule.

The Navy’s top admiral and civilian secretary have still not responded to questions about a damning Navy report released Tuesday outlining the sweeping failure of the Navy and its industrial partners to make expected progress on two submarine programs, an aircraft carrier and a new class of frigates.

“Our nation should be incredibly frustrated to see such systemic delays to our marquee shipbuilding programs,” Rep. Rob Wittman, (R-Va.) said.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/04/07/navy-cancels-ship-briefings-internal-report-00150879
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Re: Navy cancels ship briefings after damning internal report
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2024, 03:43:58 pm »

Two people familiar with the issue say Navy leaders instructed the program managers not to hold their public briefings because the conference came too close to the release of the shipbuilding study, which is already sure to dominate the three-day event.

That would be the new Chief of Naval Operations and her staff flunkies...

https://www.navy.mil/Leadership/Chief-of-Naval-Operations/Chief-of-Naval-Operations/
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus