Author Topic: U.S. Air Force flexes global reach with B-1B deployment to Spain  (Read 96 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
U.S. Air Force flexes global reach with B-1B deployment to Spain
Posted on April 2, 2024 by alert5

The U.S. Air Force has deployed four B-1B Lancer strategic bombers from the 9th Expeditionary Bomb Squadron (EBS) to Morón Air Base, Spain, in support of Bomber Task Force (BTF) 24-2. This deployment marks the first time B-1Bs have participated in a BTF mission at Morón AB, a strategic location for U.S. forces in Europe.

Two B-1B Lancers with the 9th Expeditionary Bomb Squadron from Dyess Air Force Base, Texas, taxi on the taxiway at Mor—n Air Base, Spain, in support of Bomber Task Force Europe, March 26, 2024. The U.S. is dedicated to security commitments to Allies and partner nations across the globe and routinely operate worldwide and maintain the agility to respond to any challenges in the operational environment. (U.S. Air Force photo by Senior Airman Zachary Wright)

BTF deployments are routine exercises conducted by U.S. Air Forces in Europe and Pacific Air Forces. These exercises showcase the Air Force’s ability to rapidly deploy long-range strike aircraft like the B-1B Lancer to any region of the world. Lt. Col. Ryan Stillwell, commander of the 9th EBS, emphasized the strategic importance of operating from Morón AB. This deployment demonstrates the flexibility and agility of the B-1 fleet, underscoring the U.S. Air Force’s global reach and its ability to respond to potential crises or challenges on short notice.

Strengthening Global Deterrence:

https://alert5.com/2024/04/02/u-s-air-force-flexes-global-reach-with-b-1b-deployment-to-spain/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson