Author Topic: Immigration News Today: More Work Permits Available for Green Card and Asylum Applicants  (Read 114 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Immigration News Today: More Work Permits Available for Green Card and Asylum Applicants
FISAYO OKARE
APR 08, 2024
A WORKER DISINFECTING A SUBWAY CAR. PHOTO: FLICKR

Washington D.C.
More work permits available, but few for undocumented immigrants:

The Biden administration expanded work permits last Thursday for a large number of immigrants, including asylum seekers and green card applicants. — The Hill

New York
In the shadow of Hamptons mansions, workmen spend their winters living in the woods:

Workers in the Hamptons — mostly undocumented immigrants — are paid enough to afford a room or designated sofa from April to September. But in colder months, when they cannot afford a room, they live in the woods. — The New York Times

NY AG warns against scams in Uber and Lyft wage theft settlements:

Uber and Lyft drivers may qualify for settlement money, but there is only one way to get it. — Read more about it on Documented

https://documentedny.com/2024/04/08/immigration-news-green-card-work-permits/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
No increase for illegal "newcomers?"  So what?  They'll do what they've always done, get paid under the table. :yowsa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson