Author Topic: California Migrant Benefits Are Changing 'Soon,' Official Warns  (Read 104 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
California Migrant Benefits Are Changing 'Soon,' Official Warns
Published Apr 08, 2024 at 10:08 AM EDT

Advertisement 0:19

By Nick Mordowanec
Staff Writer

Officials in San Diego, California, are warning of a continuous migrant surge that is draining city coffers and could dry up "soon" without any additional financial aid.

California's illegal immigration numbers have risen for three consecutive years, from approximately 260,000 in fiscal year 2021 to 362,000 and 450,000 in fiscal years 2022 and 2023, respectively, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) data. Numbers this current fiscal year have exceeded 253,200 in a five-month period between October and February, with numbers in February increasing by about 6,000 after an 11,000-migrant decrease from December to January.

The state has experienced an influx in total migrants, in addition to an increase among multiple demographics including Chinese, Haitian and Indian migrants. Migrant injuries at the southern border wall have also hit new highs, according to local hospitals who treat such individuals.

In late March, CBP confirmed the arrest of a suspected Chinese national who drove onto the 29 Palms Marine Base in California's El Centro Sector without proper authority.

https://www.newsweek.com/california-migrant-benefits-are-changing-soon-official-warns-1887925?piano_t=1
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: California Migrant Benefits Are Changing 'Soon,' Official Warns
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2024, 02:51:37 pm »
Mejifornia won't do jack squat if it might piss off illegal "newcomers." **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson