Author Topic: 'Small Number' Of Tuberculosis Cases At Migrant Shelters: Reports  (Read 110 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
'Small Number' Of Tuberculosis Cases At Migrant Shelters: Reports
After more than 50 cases of measles were confirmed at Chicago migrant shelters, health officials are now confirming tuberculosis cases.

Shannon Antinori,
Patch Staff
Verified Patch Staff Badge
Posted Fri, Apr 5, 2024 at 11:22 am CT

CHICAGO, IL — The Chicago Department of Public Health has confirmed a "small number" of tuberculosis cases at the city's migrant shelters, according to multiple news reports

The health department could not say how many tuberculosis cases there are, NBC reported, but officials said there are no reports of TB cases in the city that have come from an exposure to migrants who tested positive for the disease.

A spokesman for the Chicago Department of Public Health told NBC there are about 100 to 150 TB cases in the city each year, adding that he "would not characterize this as an outbreak."

https://patch.com/illinois/chicago/small-number-tuberculosis-cases-migrant-shelters-reports
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: 'Small Number' Of Tuberculosis Cases At Migrant Shelters: Reports
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2024, 02:45:59 pm »
Is "small number" newspeak like demonstrations (riots) were "mostly peaceful?" :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson