Author Topic: U.S. Congress to International Energy Agency (Fatih Birol): Stop ‘Net Zero’ Cheerleading!  (Read 134 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
U.S. Congress to International Energy Agency (Fatih Birol): Stop ‘Net Zero’ Cheerleading!
By Robert Bradley Jr. -- April 5, 2024

n recent years the IEA has been undermining energy security by discouraging sufficient investment in energy supplies… Moreover, its energy modeling no longer provides policymakers with balanced assessments of energy and climate proposals. Instead, it has become an ‘energy transition’ cheerleader.”

An important letter asking for explanation has been sent to Dr. Fatih Birol, director of the International Energy Agency (IEA), by U.S. Senator John Barrasso (R-WY: ranking member of the Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources) and U.S. Representative Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA: chair of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce). The U.S. is a major funder of IEA, an agenda that has turned its back on its original charter and begun to promote/mislead on the deep-ecology cause of climate alarmism/forced energy transformation.

The U.S., in fact, should immediately cease funding to this agency as one of many budget cutting items. A win-win for taxpayers and free energy markets.

https://www.masterresource.org/international-energy-agency-iea/u-s-house-to-international-energy-agency-fatih-birol-stop-net-zero-cheerleading/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson