Author Topic: Florida no longer in play as a swing state as GOP voters surge over Dems by nearly 900K: DeSantis  (Read 400 times)

Online libertybele

Trump should be thanking DeSantis.

Florida no longer in play as a swing state as GOP voters surge over Dems by nearly 900K: DeSantis

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis believes Democrats don't stand a chance in the Sunshine State going forward. This comes as reports indicate registered GOP voters now outpace Democrats by nearly 900,000.

"You're talking about a million plus voter registration shift," DeSantis told Fox News' Maria Bartiromo, claiming older numbers indicated Republicans were behind their Democratic adversaries by nearly 300,000 registered voters in 2018.

"Part of that, I think, is a response locally where people are more likely to switch from Democrat to Republican in Florida, nonparty to Republican than vice-versa. That's been an important component of it, but I do think that migration has skewed amongst people who come to Florida, not because they want to change the policies to reflect in Illinois or California or New York, but because they appreciate how Florida has done it differently from where they're coming from."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/florida-no-longer-play-swing-state-gop-voters-surge-dems-desantis
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
We will need to field good candidates not squishes
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

There's always that risk that when people flee NY, Illinois, and Ca that they bring their left wing mindset with them and vote accordingly in the states they transplant themselves in

But that doesn't seem to be the case when it comes to Florida
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
There's always that risk that when people flee NY, Illinois, and Ca that they bring their left wing mindset with them and vote accordingly in the states they transplant themselves in

But that doesn't seem to be the case when it comes to Florida

The come but a lot don't stay.

Seems  libs leave FL for various  reasons.   Guns. The heat. Rednecks. To name a few. We tend  to not put up with their shit.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 06:45:47 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online cato potatoe

The problem for the GOP is a lot of people who would otherwise vote for them in the midwest are now residents of Florida.  The south is supposed to gain 10 electoral votes in 2030, but it really depends on who is running the census. 

Offline LMAO

The come but a lot don't stay.

Seems  libs leave FL for various  reasons.   Guns. The heat. Rednecks. To name a few. We tend  to not put up with their shit.

I thought liberals were declining in  your state because Floridians feed them to the alligators wink777
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy