Author Topic: Never Say Never-Trump: Biden leaves GOP moderates with 'no alternative' but to back former president  (Read 146 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Never Say Never-Trump: Biden leaves GOP moderates with 'no alternative' but to back former president
A growing number of Nikki Haley supporters are finding they're left with little choice
By Julia Johnson Fox News
Published April 7, 2024 4:00am EDT

Some Republicans who said they would never support former President Donald Trump again appear poised to do just that come November, as they feel President Biden's policies and leadership cannot be allowed a second term.

"It is not an enthusiastic vote," Eric Levine, a former Nikki Haley supporter, told Fox News Digital in an interview. "I am left with no alternative."

Levine, a prominent Republican fundraiser, penned an essay to his vast network of fellow GOP donors and activists last week, informing them that despite his initial resolve after the Jan. 6 Capitol riots to "never" support Trump again, he would be doing just that.

He led his memo by writing, "The adage of ‘never say never’ is a wise one."

GOP strategist John Feehery said it will depend "how horrified they are by Biden’s policies" whether "never-Trump" Republicans return to him.

This was the case for Levine. He described his decision-making process as such: "I think it was more that I'm so offended by Biden. What am I going to do?"

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/never-trump-biden-gop-moderates-no-alternative
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34