Author Topic: Fifty Shades of Gaza  (Read 117 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Fifty Shades of Gaza
« on: April 07, 2024, 04:45:05 pm »
Fifty Shades of Gaza
By J.B. Books
April 06, 2024

I’m tired of reading articles and op-eds and listening to politicians and pundits characterize the Israeli military campaign in Gaza as “over the top” or too brutal. I’m dismayed when I hear the Secretary of Defense say Israel’s actions are driving Palestinians into the arms of Hamas, and that Israel is headed for a strategic defeat. I’m appalled that many retired and currently serving senior military leaders agree with these premises.

Israel is rightly fighting a just war, and while the loss of life in Gaza is terrible, it is also unavoidable. There is no chance that Israel’s military campaign will further drive the Palestinians of Gaza into Hamas’s arms. Gazans are already there; they were there well before October 7th.

The people of Gaza hated Israeli Jews enough to murder, torture, and rape their way across the peaceful communities of southern Israel. Gazans cannot possibly hate the Jews more than they already do.

Those Palestinians who did not directly engage in acts of depravity and violence still exposed the darkness of their souls by cheering the wickedness wrought by their fathers, brothers, sons, neighbors, and friends. As some of the released hostages have reported, “everyday” Gazans wittingly and actively collaborated in their detention. Hostages reported that Gazans raped and sexually assaulted detainees. We can only assume that many hostages still in captivity are suffering further degradation to include more sexual abuse.

https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2024/04/06/fifty_shades_of_gaza_1023418.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson