Author Topic: The F-22 Has Gone from Rolling Retirement To The USAF’s Top Priority  (Read 130 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The F-22 Has Gone from Rolling Retirement To The USAF’s Top Priority
Eric Tegler

Mar 8, 2024,09:15am EST

Update: As of this morning there have been other interpretations of Andrew Hunter’s comments. The F-22 is a sensitive topic for the Air Force which is trying to satisfy competing constituencies which alternately want to divest of current platforms to free up funding for future manned/unmanned aircraft or which recognize the need for more combat power now.

Less than a year ago, the Air Force was asking to cut 32 early model F-22s from its meager 183-Raptor inventory. On Thursday, the fighter was dubbed its “highest priority”.

Referencing the pacing military competition with China at a McAleese Defense Programs conference in Washington DC on Thursday, Air Force acquisition chief, Andrew Hunter, said, “F-22 is a critical capability. So what’s my highest priority in the near term for that great power competition? I’d probably put F-22 at the top.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erictegler/2024/03/08/the-f-22-has-gone-from-rolling-retirement-to-the-usafs-top-priority/?sh=256a53c67d40
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 04:39:55 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson