Author Topic: New York congresswoman blasts release of migrant squatters  (Read 366 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New York congresswoman blasts release of migrant squatters
« on: April 07, 2024, 02:42:01 pm »
New York congresswoman blasts release of migrant squatters
Federal immigration officials arrested three Venezuelan migrants in Wednesday's raid, all of whom are facing deportation proceedings.

By Christian Wade | The Center Square contributor
Published: April 5, 2024 11:00pm

(The Center Square) — A Republican congresswoman is ratcheting up criticism of New York City's sanctuary policies after federal immigration authorities arrested several migrant "squatters" accused of crimes who were previously released on bail.

The U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement said it took into custody three Venezuelan migrants who were among eight squatters arrested by New York City police on Wednesday in a sweep of a Bronx home.

Most of the suspects were men, some of whom were found with guns and drugs. All of them were previously apprehended at the Texas border with Mexico and released into the U.S., according to an ICE spokesperson. One had been previously arrested on murder in Yonkers, the agency said.

But Rep. Nicole Malliokais, a Staten Island Republican, seized on the arrests to blast the city and state's "pro-criminal, open-border and sanctuary policies" that allowed the release of the suspects on bail before they were taken into custody by ICE agents.

https://justthenews.com/nation/states/center-square/new-york-congresswoman-blasts-release-migrant-squatters
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 02:43:00 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: New York congresswoman blasts release of migrant squatters
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2024, 02:44:34 pm »
IF deported they will probably be given first class airline tickets to come back again illegally. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson