Author Topic: Migrants-turned-smugglers told to drive through Border Patrol checkpoint  (Read 115 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Migrants-turned-smugglers told to drive through Border Patrol checkpoint
by: Julian Resendiz

Posted: Apr 1, 2024 / 03:14 PM CDT

Updated: Apr 1, 2024 / 03:14 PM CDT

Driver of pickup carrying 11 comes to halt after watching border agent place tire-deflation device ahead of him

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) – Two Mexican migrants are facing federal charges for allegedly agreeing to drive 11 other unauthorized non-citizens through a U.S. Border Patrol checkpoint last week.

Tuesday’s arrest of Antonio Ordaz Garcia and Manuel Olivares Rodriguez on a highway west of Las Cruces, New Mexico, is part of a trend of smuggling organizations recruiting those under their care for dangerous tasks that could also land them in jail, federal officials said.

Alleged asylum-seeker turned smuggler leads deputies on multi-county chase
The arrest happened after an agent with the Border Patrol’s Anti-Smuggling Unit spotted a suspicious vehicle on NM State Road 26 near a checkpoint on Interstate 10. The agent noticed the red Chevrolet Avalanche extended cab pickup with its rear heavily laden. The agent approached the vehicle from the back and witnessed the driver begin to drive erratically.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/border-crime/migrants-turned-smugglers-told-to-drive-through-border-patrol-checkpoint/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson