Author Topic: Ohio’s Secretary of State Alerts Democrats: Biden’s Name May Not Appear on November Ballot—Here’s Wh  (Read 870 times)

Online libertybele

Right. Very doubtful that this would happen.  Joe will be on the ballot in OH and all 50 states.

Biden may be missing from Ohio’s general election ballot due to key deadline issue, election official warns

President Biden may fail to get on Ohio's general election ballot after the state's top election official warned his campaign about missing a key deadline on Friday.

Ohio Secretary of State Frank LaRose, a Republican, notified top Democratic officials that their party's national convention is scheduled to occur well past the deadline for certifying a presidential candidate in Ohio.

"The Democratic National Convention is scheduled to convene on August 19, 2024, which occurs more than a week after the August 7 deadline to certify a presidential candidate to the office," LaRose wrote to Ohio Democratic Party Chairwoman Liz Walters, according to the letter first obtained by ABC News.

"I am left to conclude that the Democratic National Committee must either move up its nominating convention or the Ohio General Assembly must act by May 9, 2024 (90 days prior to a new law's effective date) to create an exception to this statutory requirement," LaRose legal counsel, Paul Disantis, wrote in the letter.

Biden's campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Fox News Digital on Sunday, but told ABC News that they were "monitoring the situation in Ohio" and remain "confident that Joe Biden will be on the ballot in all 50 states."

The Ohio Democratic Party has yet to respond publicly to LaRose's letter.................

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-missing-ohios-general-election-ballot-due-key-deadline-issue-election-official-warns
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PeteS in CA

It’s real. A 2014 Ohio law set a date for filing of 90 days before Election Day. The Dems moronically set the date for their convention a week or more after the deadline date. I doubt LIEden will be off the ballot, but how he gets there could be interesting.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Hoodat

I doubt LIEden will be off the ballot, but how he gets there could be interesting.

They'll do what they always do  - Find some magistrate judge who will order his name placed on the ballot regardless of what the law says.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
It’s real. A 2014 Ohio law set a date for filing of 90 days before Election Day. The Dems moronically set the date for their convention a week or more after the deadline date. I doubt LIEden will be off the ballot, but how he gets there could be interesting.

What I think is more important is that you have something happening that NEVER should have happened.  They didn't know any of this in the democrapic leadership.  They are that inept ?  Great that it shows a what a huge bunch of morons are in the W.H. right now.

Online libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Mod5

Offline PeteS in CA

Here's the story from a non-clickbait, ad-infested, commentary/news site:

The Biden Campaign May Have Made a MAJOR Blunder

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2024/04/08/biden-not-might-even-be-on-the-ballot-in-ohio-and-i-cant-stop-laughing-n4927980

While Democrats have been doing just about every nefarious thing possible to keep Donald Trump off the ballot in some states, Presidentish Joe Biden's campaign is having trouble following the established law to get their man on the ballot in Ohio.

According to a report in Sunday's Washington Post, Ohio Secretary of State Frank LaRose's office has informed "Ohio Democratic Party Chair Liz Walters that the Democratic National Committee’s nominating convention is scheduled too late for Biden to make the Ohio ballot."

The law requires nominees to be certified at least 90 days before the general election, and Biden won't become the official nominee until the Democrats hold their convention in Chicago — less than 90 days before the general election. Biden will miss the deadline by 12 days.

It may be a distinction without a lot of difference, but this was the Dem Party's screw-up, not the LIEden Campaign's.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline LMAO

Here's the story from a non-clickbait, ad-infested, commentary/news site:

lol

Thank you

I opened up two too many links from the OP and with  one of them, I got a virus
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Biden will be on the ballot.  Some low-level Dem "Judge" will rule the OH law Unconstitutional and an appeal would probably push it past 11/5.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I have no doubt that ol' white joe WILL be on the Ohio ballot come November.

But it's going to be interesting to see the machinations by which his name gets there.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Republicans should change the law, but only after it is made clear that the law pre-existed the Dems setting their convention date.  Use it as an example of how Republicans don't try to keep people off the ballot and want to let voters decide.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Republicans should change the law, but only after it is made clear that the law pre-existed the Dems setting their convention date.  Use it as an example of how Republicans don't try to keep people off the ballot and want to let voters decide.

That sounds a lot like skirting a law to generate goodwill from people who hate us,  while encouraging an expectation the Republicans are as willing as Democrats to ignore the law.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: