Author Topic: Trump says he’s the ‘Modern Day Nelson Mandela’ because of Manhattan judge’s gag order  (Read 3447 times)

Online Hoodat

I don't disagree that we've got big -- YUGE -- problems with our debt. But before we can address that, we have to wrestle back the nation from certain ruin if it falls into the hands of the Dems.

Like we did in 2016?  How did that work out?

Over the next four years, our debt grew by $8 trillion.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

@LMAO

Wait! I think I'm catching on. You're part of a false flag operation dreamed up by the likes of a James Carville type. There are many leftists hatching all kinds of nefarious talking points, and it seems like we're being treated to such a deception right here. Why else would we hear zero about the evil doings of the Democrats?

(See logical fallacies:  Red Herring)

100% of the conversation you are hearing from this side is about "evil doings".  But your side seems to be OK with "evil doings" when Republicans are the ones doing it.

Here it is again:  This nation will not survive the current spending crisis.  Our only hope is to get our house in order and put a stop to deficit spending.  Unfortunately, Conservatives are the only ones here who understand that.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online LMAO

The claim that pumping more oil is the key to reigning in inflation is not the case.

We are producing record amounts of oil yet inflation is still a problem

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-pumping-more-oil-country-221438851.html

If you want to conquer inflation, the only way is to do what the new Argentina president is doing. Stop the unsustainable spending and the printing to finance it. Period
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 09:21:31 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online LMAO

@LMAO

Wait! I think I'm catching on. You're part of a false flag operation dreamed up by the likes of a James Carville type. There are many leftists hatching all kinds of nefarious talking points, and it seems like we're being treated to such a deception right here. Why else would we hear zero about the evil doings of the Democrats? Hmmmm.... Rather it's a constant drumbeat of Trump, Trump, Trump. Again I say hmmmm...  *hmmmm*

What leftist or Democrat is talking about fiscal and monetary issues and its impact? What leftist talking points do you see being used here?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 09:14:55 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

It boggles the mind of some that, to many of us, elections are still ultimately about issues and policy vs personality and  entertainment

That it’s still about record and policy proposals and evaluating both and weighing pros and cons

YES. Boggling. Inexplicable, even... /s

What offends me is those who blithely write it all off..

Who cares that he presided over historic spending?
Who cares about the disastrous loss of liberty and destruction of business that he (PERSONALLY) initiated?

How could you ever write that off?
How could that be unimportant?
How can that be awarded?

THAT's what's inexplicable.
That is without reason.

Offline roamer_1

[...] no one is hearing the other's argument.

That's because there can be no argument, @AllThatJazzZ
There is no reasonable middle ground.

Tumpy's zealots expect Conservatives to come to heel, and to discard principle, and forget the record. To even vote *FOR* the very things they stand against..

That is never going to happen.
I am here for Conservatism. Not Tumpy.

Offline roamer_1

Morbi nec remedia ferre possumus.

(We can stand neither the disease nor the remedy)

The disease is Buydem and the remedy is Tumpy?

Nay. The disease is Buydem and the disease is Tumpy.

That is no remedy.

Offline roamer_1

In addition, we used every possible opportunity to convince others posing as Republicans how their embrace of reckless monetary policy and massive debt is leading to the destruction of said Republic.  Only then will they recognize their enemy.  They will  understand that their only hope of recreating that lost republic is through the establishment of limited government empowered only by the constraint of
existing within its means.

THAT IS LIBERTY. That is where it is.
The enemy is government, not Democrats.
Put government back within its constraints, and the Democrats are powerless.
So anything that is not performing that function is adding to the problem.

Online Hoodat

Why else would we hear zero about the evil doings of the Democrats?

Be sure to let me know the next time a Trump supporter complains about Biden running up $8 trillion in new debt in only four years.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

Seriously? You gonna run with that? I doubt your grandchildren will even be speaking to you after they realize the part you played in allowing the Democrats to topple our republic. If you're dead and gone, they'll be peeing on your grave. They'll be overrun with illegals. They'll likely be victims of crime (Dems aren't known for law and order).

Assuming they're white, they'll be punished for their ethnicity because, of course they're white supremacists.

They'll be driving EVs -- if they're allowed to drive at all. They could be corralled to the nearest 15-minute city and forced to rely on some type of peoplemover for transportation. And China will be all the more powerful as the US fades and must depend on them for everything that makes EVs run.

With our schools already being indoctrinal institutions, what awaits your grandkids' grandkids?

Immorality will be unchecked since many will fall away from faith in God. After all, the FBI is already calling us terrorists in the first Biden administration. Why, they'll have to release thousands of violent criminals to make room for those scary believers who walk in the counsel of the Lord. Texas may as well admit defeat and remove the razor wire. There will be no need for a border if the Dems have a second bite at the apple.

I could go on. I shouldn't have to. Anyone who can't see the writing on the wall is someone I simply can't understand.

It is overweening government that is doing that. Not Democrats. When Tumpy's next term is done, he will give it back to Democrats, bigger and badder than before him.

That's what happened last time.
And you want to do it again.

What is the definition of insanity?

Conservatives need to return to their root and understand that the Kabuki theater fight between the left and the right is just that - It is government that is the enemy. Always has been in the Conservative mind.

That must be what you don't understand.
That must be why you are willing to reward the historic spending and historic loss of liberty with another term.
Y'all open the door wide on the right, and liberalism walks right in.
Liberalism on the Right, Liberalism on the Left...
No one is left to defend liberty.

And this great country goes into the dark night with a roar of approval from the right... of all things.
You are fighting nothing.
You are letting them in.

Offline DB

Here you go

https://fiscaldata.treasury.gov/americas-finance-guide/government-revenue/

. In 2022, the U.S. government collected the highest total revenue in its history.

You pour "free" money into the economy and tax collections go up because that money is circulating. Prices also go up because the value of the currency went down. Everyone gets poorer while the money is flying around giving the illusion of prosperity. It's a deadly addiction that destroys whatever country that decides to go down that road. Both Trump and Biden love to delivering the juice to get the near term high.

Offline roamer_1

Nope

Many of us were warning about the inflation risks during the shutdown and it appears we were right

Screaming it, at the top of our lungs, even. To deaf ears, it seems.

Offline roamer_1

Sorry @AllThatJazzZ I got sidetracked.

I assumed that GROK was an acronym for some Grocery Retailers association, but I really don't know.  And the price of energy affects the price of EVERYTHING.

@Bigun @AllThatJazzZ
No. GROK is to comprehend... understand... Wrap your arms around the whole thing.

Geek speak.

Offline roamer_1

Funny how some only notice that when they can use Trump in a sentence.

That's not right.
It's expected to come from the Left.

It is remarkable when it comes from the Right.

You expect Conservatives to rise up to protect us from Democrats by voting *FOR* AWFUL, record breaking economic policies on the RIGHT.

Vote for liberalism to beat liberalism.
Vote for disastrous fiscal policy to fix inflation.
It's insanity.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline DB

Do tax revenues lead or lag changes in energy policy?

Lowering energy costs is a massive boost production and our standard of living. No doubt about that.

But...

When Trump was celebrating his "fantastic" economy his deficit spending was only increasing. It is a contradiction to claim a fantastic economy while at the same time having accelerating debt. It shows that government spending was the primary driver of that "growth". Partying on the credit card. Even worse the government counts deficit spending towards GDP... It's a massive lie.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Lowering energy costs is a massive boost production and our standard of living. No doubt about that.

But...

When Trump was celebrating his "fantastic" economy his deficit spending was only increasing. It is a contradiction to claim a fantastic economy while at the same time having accelerating debt. It shows that government spending was the primary driver of that "growth". Partying on the credit card. Even worse the government counts deficit spending towards GDP... It's a massive lie.

The government LIES about everything and that started long before either of us was alive @DB

Given the choices we have, I'll be voting FOR trump on election day if he is still breathing. End of discussion.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The disease is Buydem and the remedy is Tumpy?

Nay. The disease is Buydem and the disease is Tumpy.

That is no remedy.

Trump is living to fight another day. Nothing more and I have never said anything other.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

Trump is living to fight another day. Nothing more and I have never said anything other.

No, Tumpy is letting liberalism in on the Right. That is losing massive ground.

Online LMAO

@Bigun

Here is the CPI for the sixteen quarters Trump was in office.  All show annual rates.  Only two of the 16 showed deflation.  And both times, it was wiped out in the following quarter:

QuarterChange
2017-Q1  + 0.69
2017-Q2  + 0.11
2017-Q3  + 0.77
2017-Q4  + 0.49
2018-Q1  + 1.08
2018-Q2  + 0.58
2018-Q3  + 0.35
2018-Q4   (0.46)
2019-Q1  + 1.52
2019-Q2  + 0.40
2019-Q3  + 0.30
2019-Q4  + 0.24
2017-Q1   (0.61)
2017-Q2  + 1.06
2017-Q3  + 0.50
2017-Q4  + 0.46
4 years  + 7.72

So where is the evidence of Trump reducing the price of everything?

If I recall, didn’t the Obama administration try doing something with CPI numbers to make them look better than they really were? And that was during a fracking boom

@Hoodat
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 11:35:06 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

But...

Obama, Trump, and Biden are following more of  Keynesian  model of economics. And Trump believes in modern monetary theory, also. Just like AOC and Bernie Sanders

Economically, I see all three men as the same

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

But...

This is why Trump wants to pressure the federal reserve to lower interest rates if he’s president. He wants to follow the same economic policy that sending us down a dangerous and unsustainable path

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

@Bigun

Here is the CPI for the sixteen quarters Trump was in office.  All show annual rates.  Only two of the 16 showed deflation.  And both times, it was wiped out in the following quarter:

QuarterChange
2017-Q1  + 0.69
2017-Q2  + 0.11
2017-Q3  + 0.77
2017-Q4  + 0.49
2018-Q1  + 1.08
2018-Q2  + 0.58
2018-Q3  + 0.35
2018-Q4   (0.46)
2019-Q1  + 1.52
2019-Q2  + 0.40
2019-Q3  + 0.30
2019-Q4  + 0.24
2017-Q1   (0.61)
2017-Q2  + 1.06
2017-Q3  + 0.50
2017-Q4  + 0.46
4 years  + 7.72

So where is the evidence of Trump reducing the price of everything?

Inflation numbers came in hot again despite record oil production and since we now have tangible evidence that prices were not reduced during Trump’s tenure despite unleashing oil production, what’s the plan?

Both candidate’s plan is to continue to spend more and hope that any calamities happen when they’re out of office

Barry Goldwater